2 minutes ago, rennie said:

my Daughter's bloke tested positive, she tested negative :scratch:

They live together:classic_biggrin:

Weird isn't it?

A mate of mine had his wife and daughter test positive......but him and his son were negative.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Swagman said:

Yeah it is weird, I was laid up with it but the wife didn’t get it.👍

I'm surprised they haven't pinpointed what the common factor is between all these people that don't get it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm surprised they haven't pinpointed what the common factor is between all these people that don't get it.

Yes you would have thought they would have by now.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

My boy in NL got his test results......NEGATIVE!

Thank f**k for that......I hardly slept last night worrying about him!

That’s good news.👍👍

• Like 1

Can't be 100% certain of course but my Wife and I both think we had it back in February. She was out of it for a week and a half, just practically bed bound. I felt feverish for a couple of days but still managed to work, I just kept dosing myself with codeine :classic_blink: ( Bare in mind back then we didn't have same knowledge about isolating etc!) 

It certainly does seem to have different effects on different people.

• Like 1

It’s kicking the arse out of the NHS at the moment. Areas that were not affected in wave 1 are significantly affected if not because they are physical health hospital environments because of the impact of test and trace, isolation and trying to offer a recovered service whilst the world is not recovered.

• Sad 1

It’s not the critical care, it’s the physio, departments, the mental health beds, the GP practices, the important but not critical outpatient type interventions. The CAMHS services, the diabetes clinics, uotrasound departments and routine use beds like paediatric beds etc. 

Those places are struggling with staffing, with resources and in some cases with massive increases in demand. Partly the demand is because of lots having not happened whilst making sense of wave one and partly there seems to be some increased demands.

They've just announced that they've extended this perimeter lockdown as it currently is till the 10th December.

Edited by XTreme
  • Confused 1

I reregistered yesterday on the Covid-19 temporary register which I can’t quite believe I’ve done 😱 

When I left the NHS I refused to put my renewal in, I said a ruder version of “wild horses couldn’t drag me back” but somehow here we are in a set of circumstances that I just couldn’t possibly of conceived of that has led to me putting my name back on the register 🤦‍♀️

So watch out I maybe hovering with a jab near you soon 💉  😆

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I reregistered yesterday on the Covid-19 temporary register which I can’t quite believe I’ve done 😱 

When I left the NHS I refused to put my renewal in, I said a ruder version of “wild horses couldn’t drag me back” but somehow here we are in a set of circumstances that I just couldn’t possibly of conceived of that has led to me putting my name back on the register 🤦‍♀️

So watch out I maybe hovering with a jab near you soon 💉  😆

We're all doomed :classic_blink:

• Haha 1
Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Be afraid, very afraid 😆

Nurse GIF by memecandy

It’s a very good likeness. :seeya:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hey you’d look the same at the end of a shift 😆

Maybe but not at the beginning🤣🤣

• Haha 1
On 21/11/2020 at 09:59, rennie said:

my Daughter's bloke tested positive, she tested negative :scratch:

They live together:classic_biggrin:

That is not as uncommon as you would think...

I know of a couple of confirmed cases (not just tested but symptomatic) yet non of there colleagues or family had it.

• Like 1