coronavirus....

33 minutes ago, NeilM said:

Just been to the hospital for a covid test.

I'm due in friday morning for a procedure.

Absolutely fantastic procedures in place. Couldn't fault it.

Only problem. I know have to isolate till i go in friday.

Moved into attic room.....lol

I don't do a lot of tele. Owt good on Amazon or Netflix?

Anne Frank documentary ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Any direct contact with a Covid positive person should provoke isolation. This is why schools should be creating ‘bubble’ of people so that things can function with small group isolations occurring. 
the contact needs to be direct so those two people in contact with each other without PPE.

39 minutes ago, onesea said:

Clarkson on Amazon Prime?
Also listening for suggesitons.

Can't do Clarkson. 

But cheers for the suggestion 👍

Found an NFL all or nothing 

4 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

Green Mile, Shawshank redemption, prisoner cell block H, oz,  Porridge.........:popcorn:

Cool Hand Luke, Papillon, Birdman of Alcatraz, Mean Machine, The Hill, Midnight Express .. The list is endless! ;)

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, NeilM said:

Just been to the hospital for a covid test.

I'm due in friday morning for a procedure.

Absolutely fantastic procedures in place. Couldn't fault it.

Only problem. I know have to isolate till i go in friday.

Moved into attic room.....lol

I don't do a lot of tele. Owt good on Amazon or Netflix?

Type motorbike into the search and itll bring up at least 30 mins of entertainment 😆

Tuned in my noo Humax freeview player a couple of weeks ago, it amalgamates the recommended viewing from all the channels you subscribe to or watch. It recommended  The motorbike show, fight club, breaking bad, one flew over the cuckoos nest and  indianna jones! 

Hope your procedure is minor and your recovery fast. 

Edited by Slowlycatchymonkey

Another random is the Parada cup series of Americas cup, ok I sail but its still good watching.  Next series starts 15th.

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Type motorbike into the search and itll bring up at least 30 mins of entertainment 😆

Tuned in my noo Humax freeview player a couple of weeks ago, it amalgamates the recommended viewing from all the channels you subscribe to or watch. It recommended  The motorbike show, fight club, breaking bad, one flew over the cuckoos nest and  indianna jones! 

Hope your procedure is minor and your recovery fast. 

Ish....lol

Motogp funniest moments on YouTube has taken a battering. 

Some shite on there though.  Bikers v angry drivers...   never seen so much bollox in my life.

Crosswords are good.

Kids made me cheese sandwich for dinner.

Its a colonoscopy and removal of some stuff for analysis. Be right. 

Done wonders for me weight has the last 2 month.

Lost 1 and half stone. Should of been slimmer of the month🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NeilM said:

Ish....lol

Motogp funniest moments on YouTube has taken a battering. 

Some shite on there though.  Bikers v angry drivers...   never seen so much bollox in my life.

Crosswords are good.

Kids made me cheese sandwich for dinner.

Its a colonoscopy and removal of some stuff for analysis. Be right. 

Done wonders for me weight has the last 2 month.

Lost 1 and half stone. Should of been slimmer of the month🤣🤣🤣

You’ll be dandy, fortunately the days of jumbo sized tubes are behind us.. behind us... 😂 I crack me up 😆 

On the up your bum stuff I’d suggest you get some super soft flushable wipes (kandoo used to be the brand of choice), some for home and take a few with you. 

‘The Great’ on channel 4 shows some promise for a laugh or two.
One and a half stone ay, well that sounds like new bike gear territory to me! 😆

• Haha 1

Figures today are stark. 1500 plus deaths, daily infection rate 47k

does anyone know what the daily new infect rate was three weeks ago? 23rd dec ish? Average deaths over a thousand a day over past seven. Peak expected in about three weeks, my sources (sake as everyone else’s) suggest the acceleration in infections is slowing.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

Figures today are stark. 1500 plus deaths, daily infection rate 47k

does anyone know what the daily new infect rate was three weeks ago? 23rd dec ish? Average deaths over a thousand a day over past seven. Peak expected in about three weeks, my sources (sake as everyone else’s) suggest the acceleration in infections is slowing.

And the possibility of a Brazilian resistant version 

2 minutes ago, Bender said:

And the possibility of a Brazilian resistant version 

I did not know that. I was just starting to allow myself hope for the future. For the past 10 months I have been thinking we need to develop a long term way of living with pandemic life. Maybe I was right.

universal income, half working weeks, no group entertainments in person, no pubs, no theatres. More remote working. We may have to decide do we as a society value family contact more or less than work contact. 

2 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

We may have to decide do we as a society value family contact more or less than work contact. 

I think that presented to me for the second time in my life over the next month.  Not certain I want another inforced career change due to X-wife.

Presently being held responsible for 3 households self isolating...

Mine the x-wife's and her parents (not certain legally how they can blame me for her parents in lockdown).

3 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

@MarkW am I right in thinking the more infections the greater chance of mutation? 

I was wondering with the mutations on this scale if killing off the weaker variants just leaves us with the stronger ones, it's not an advantage for the virus to be overly deadly but Its not got the memo and as far as it's concerned there are plenty of us to go round.

11 minutes ago, onesea said:

I think that presented to me for the second time in my life over the next month.  Not certain I want another inforced career change due to X-wife.

Presently being held responsible for 3 households self isolating...

Mine the x-wife's and her parents (not certain legally how they can blame me for her parents in lockdown).

I don’t think legalness has anything to do with any of it does it? Blame I mean.

6 minutes ago, Bender said:

I was wondering with the mutations on this scale if killing off the weaker variants just leaves us with the stronger ones, it's not an advantage for the virus to be overly deadly but Its not got the memo and as far as it's concerned there are plenty of us to go round.

It’s not quite too deadly is it to rule itself out. People get to have it for a few weeks before it kills them, 98nper cent of people get to host it without dying so just spreading. 

5 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

I don’t think legalness has anything to do with any of it does it? Blame I mean.

However makes you wonder what where grandparents doing in daughters house during lockdown...

It's already been made very clear to me, access to father is not important compared with mum's, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc.

Edited by onesea
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, onesea said:

However makes you wonder what where grandparents doing in daughters house during lockdown...

It's already been made very clear to me, access to father is not important compared with mum's, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc.

Sometimes Onesea I’m left wondering if you need an advocate to deal with this on your behalf. There’s no way in the child welfare stakes you come below “..aunts, uncles, etc” and perhaps your proximity to the issue, the familiarity between you and your ex make it too easy for these ideas to be thrown at you. Someone impartial would be able to simply state thats not the case and access will continue as agreed. Is this a possibility for you?

34 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

It’s not quite too deadly is it to rule itself out. People get to have it for a few weeks before it kills them, 98nper cent of people get to host it without dying so just spreading. 

No on the scale of deadliness it's not that bad, not as far as the virus is concerned, unfortunately it's higher than what we are prepared or capable of dealing with.

Mutations can go either way, but if a pathogen is more prevalent in the community it can become moreso. There are well over 12,000 'versions' of SARS-COV2. Cases at Christmas time were around 35-40k per day. Remember the time of incubation is 4-7 days. End of January will be peak deaths. Vaccine is NOT in place to reduce transmission. It is to reduce serious illness. It may show signs in people that have had the vaccine, but this will take some time to become clear. I think schools going back too soon will make this current lockdown almost useless. Ideally, schools would remain closed for the rest of the year, but I'm guessing they will go back after Easter.

Just to offer some positive news, these new variants are highly unlikely to defeat the vaccine. And when they do find ways around it, they don't do so in leaps and bounds, but they chip away at the efficacy of the vaccine. So a 95% protection could be reduced to 90%, but it is vanishingly unlikely it could make it down close to 0%. 

The vaccines are proving effective, and are easily tweaked to cover the new strains, so I'm hopeful we will see this thing off.