coronavirus....

9 minutes ago, Mickly said:

So, @James in Brum as the forums resident Homeopath, what you got to say about this 😛

608F349D-327A-4F79-91CF-2F6959D39CAB.jpeg.0ab6e4707be4119cfd0bee2ed82871ca.jpeg

I think that lady believes she's like Trump... 🤔

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but the vaccine doesn't stop you getting or transmitting the virus!

It does reduce the effects of the virus!

My 97 yrs dad was one of the first to receive the vaccine in December but is now in hospital with covid-19. (Don't ask how he got it as I'm furious)

14 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but the vaccine doesn't stop you getting or transmitting the virus!

My 97 yrs dad was one of the first to receive the vaccine in December but is now in hospital with covid-19. (Don't ask how he got it as I'm furious)

Would have been the case that he got it before the 21 days period?

36 minutes ago, husoi said:

Would have been the case that he got it before the 21 days period?

He was exposed to covid at just over 3 weeks after having the jab.

• Sad 1
16 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

He was exposed to covid at just over 3 weeks after having the jab.

That is a really bad timing. Hope he gets well soon.

• Like 1

If they make wearing outside mandatory I can see A&E departments being overwhelmed with people getting injuries through falling over things. Anyone who wears glasses will be walking around blind. 

I've seen a few muppets driving wearing masks and glasses, and they are all over the place.

52 minutes ago, husoi said:

That is a really bad timing. Hope he gets well soon.

He's 97 so it will be touch and go I think! .. If he had not had the vaccine then I think he would have no chance!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

I don't belive any one thought it was a magic wand, the idea is it gets your body to recognise the virus and be ready with a response, instead of just going WTF is this.

11 minutes ago, Bender said:

I don't belive any one thought it was a magic wand, the idea is it gets your body to recognise the virus and be ready with a response, instead of just going WTF is this.

You would be surprised at the number of people I've heard that believe that the vaccine makes you immune to covid-19. 

• Like 1
Just now, KiwiBob said:

You would be surprised at the number of people I've heard that believe that the vaccine makes you immune to covid-19. 

I was referring to the enlightened members on here not the fuckwits in the wild, half them don't even know how to wear a mask or keep a distance.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Bender said:

I was referring to the enlightened members on here not the fuckwits in the wild, half them don't even know how to wear a mask or keep a distance.

I think some of those I come across were born in Royston Vasey!

Edited by KiwiBob
  • Haha 1

There was a guy called mark on R5 live this morning ... he travels all over the UK for work and his daily perception is that the overwhelming majority of people are wearing their masks in shops and following the rules ... there was a wave of texts agreeing with him ...

I travel regularly to Newcastle, Bristol, Swindon, Reading, Derby, Ilford and quite a few more ....

And my experiance is absolutely the same  !!

Every Tesco, Aldi, ASDA etc i go into everyone is wearing masks, trying their best to distance .....

Maybe some people want the population to adhere to the rules in their heads ... not the Governments rules ... Some people just love to tut at others ...

Yesterday i went to Tesco and Aldi in Rotherham .... 100% mask wearing .... 

Edited by Trooper74
1 hour ago, KiwiBob said:

I was always under the impression that was the point of vaccines .... if not getting sick then you are immune .... it’s every one else thats got to worry with this vaccine ...

There seemed be to a mass of stuff from the government about how we would all be saved by the vaccine ... now it’s here the back peddling has started ... “Well, says Buffoon, it will only keep you safe on Tuesdays, facing south, wearing roller skates, oh, and that family you haven’t been able to see for nearly a year ....... You Still Can’t See Them !!! " .... sound familiar .. 

The vaccine when both doses have been taken do generate immunity from becoming ill in a high proportion of cases. 1 dose seems for the most part to reduce the impact. There are always outliers but that is what the evidence says generally. 

regarding homeopathy @Mickly, clearly the rules where not diluted enough to be effective!

Edited by James in Brum
Spelling
  • Like 1

I’ve just had my 1st jab (Pfizer). So far no side effe...ALL HAIL TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I4BdBqV.mp4

Edited by rob m
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, rob m said:

I’ve just had my 1st jab (Pfizer). So far no side effe...ALL HAIL TO THE HYNOTOAD

I4BdBqV.mp4

Excellent let me know how the tracker performs 😂

What gap for you between now and the next jab?

2 minutes ago, rob m said:

12 weeks 😀

Heyho better than nothing ay! 

Can’t wait for mine. There doesn’t seem to have been much reaction to it so as soon as I get a call I’m there, I’d happily get up at 3am to get freedom back! 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Heyho better than nothing ay! 

Can’t wait for mine. There doesn’t seem to have been much reaction to it so as soon as I get a call I’m there, I’d happily get up at 3am to get freedom back! 

Fingers crossed! Bring on the Eifel!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, rob m said:

Fingers crossed! Bring on the Eifel!

Oh yeah🍻 

My GP surgery is one of the ones that has had good shipments of vaccine and has been super efficient, all being well they will have finished all their 80yr olds in just 8 days time, if it keeps up they’ll be well ahead of schedule. 
Plus North Somerset is in the catchment areas for the Bristol stadiums Super Vax Centre thats rumoured to be going 24hrs so I’m hopeful. 
First time I’ve ever wished I was 50 though 😂

• Like 1

Under 35 and no health conditions so no Vacc for now for me.

Not sure what good it'll do anyway, as said above somewhere 12 months of being told by all and sundry vaccine being the magic bullet out of this, now it's here the furious backpeddling has started trying to justify these open-ended lockdowns and the rules that still change every couple of hours depending on which was the wind is blowing.

• Like 1