coronavirus....

If you frequent soft play areas you won’t get coronavirus. They are the biggest germ fest out there and your immune system will have been primed with every coronavirus going pre Covid-19, your immune system probably flys around in a cape.

Well other than my youngest grandson who was about 18 months old and did a horror poo in his nappy when I was minding him. I've smelt some crap in my time but this was weapons grade material.

• Haha 3

Many years ago, I was slimmer than I am now!

I went into a jungle gym thing to rescue my Son who was stuck.

Never! ever again! what a nasty smelly experience it was!

I'd rather do a proper assault course! 😀

• Haha 3

Well a surprise for me. Literally just had a text from my surgery asking me to book a covid jab so will be getting it at 1630 tomorrow.  I'm impressed!

• Like 5

The vaccine jab cant come soon enough, the NHS and the volunteers are doing an excellent job, lets hope we can keep it up. No idea when we will get the call however No2 son gets his on Friday. 

23 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you frequent soft play areas you won’t get coronavirus. They are the biggest germ fest out there and your immune system will have been primed with every coronavirus going pre Covid-19, your immune system probably flys around in a cape.

I love joining my grandson in the soft play area at Walby Farm. It’s great for sorting out the pain in my lower back. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

I love joining my grandson in the soft play area at Walby Farm. It’s great for sorting out the pain in my lower back. 

Bet you wouldn’t love the ones around here. One is through double doors of a pub so the parents leave their darlings unsupervised and go and drink. Or sometimes bring the pints into the soft play area which obviously get spilt, the smell is delightful.

The other is in a not so lovely area of Weston-Super-Mare where I took my visiting friend and her toddler to witness one child chasing after another loudly shouting “Give it me you c**t” They were about 6 years old 😬

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Bet you wouldn’t love the ones around here. One is through double doors of a pub so the parents leave their darlings unsupervised and go and drink. Or sometimes bring the pints into the soft play area which obviously get spilt, the smell is delightful.

The other is in a not so lovely area of Weston-Super-Mare where I took my visiting friend and her toddler to witness one child chasing after another loudly shouting “Give it me you c**t” They were about 6 years old 😬

Nice! 🤔

4 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

Well a surprise for me. Literally just had a text from my surgery asking me to book a covid jab so will be getting it at 1630 tomorrow.  I'm impressed!

Does this mean jab no 2 will be done before you sail away again? Fingers crossed 🤞 

20 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

Nice! 🤔

Yer. Entertainingly all the parents sitting around the coffee tables watching the spectacle didn’t move. I’m guessing whoever they belonged to had no intention of claiming them in front of everyone! :lol:

Had a call from my GP’s informing me that Jules and I will have to wait a month for our jabs as i stupidly tested positive on Tuesday ... DOH !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
11 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Does this mean jab no 2 will be done before you sail away again? Fingers crossed 🤞 

I don't know, all depends when I go away as right now travelling to any of the usual places is incredibly difficult. Even if I don't half a jab is better than none.

14 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

Had a call from my GP’s informing me that Jules and I will have to wait a month for our jabs as i stupidly tested positive on Tuesday ... DOH !

Should be 28 days since symptoms subside. :-) 

3 hours ago, James in Brum said:

Should be 28 days since symptoms subside. :-) 

And heres the problem ....

According to my GP .... 28 days from testing positive.

James .... 28 days from feeling better ... very subjective.

NHS Oak House .... ( My local vaccine centre) "Your GP’s will re make you an appointment."

Hospital .... “Test & Trace will sort it out” 

And so it goes on and on .......

On 19/02/2021 at 16:38, S-Westerly said:

Got my jab (Pfizer) and an amazingly well organised operation it was. Quick and slick. Have to say I was impressed.

And don't forget, most are volunteers 😉 

Bloody do gooders again....lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The road map to the end of the corona restrictions is driven along the economy and not families and social contact. Venues opening but still now households to mix indoors in May. 
it’s a flipping Joke! I am really annoyed. I want to see my in laws. My family. It’s a joke!

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

The road map to the end of the corona restrictions is driven along the economy and not families and social contact. Venues opening but still now households to mix indoors in May. 
it’s a flipping Joke! I am really annoyed. I want to see my in laws. My family. It’s a joke!

Well I can understand the economy but the family thing is ludicrous. If both groups have been following the rules what risk is there in meeting? Admittedly not everyone does follow and the government are petrified of repeating their last lockdown release cockup. Where I live I see lots of people who are obviously  multigenerational family groups out for walks and I'm pretty sure they are not all living in a commune somewhere. The communal agreement is starting to fray. 

17 minutes ago, James in Brum said:

just go and see them:thumb: if you feel guilty that your breaking rules just go meet in Asda or Morrisons , or any garden center or diy store .