North Coast 500

15 hours ago, jedibiker said:

its the week after the wedding, all I seem to be looking at is a need for money lol.

frankly its cheaper to go to Europe .. there will be much less people .. also when its called 4* in jockland it is NOT but they still charge like it was .. 

7 minutes ago, Copycat73 said:

frankly its cheaper to go to Europe .. there will be much less people .. also when its called 4* in jockland it is NOT but they still charge like it was .. 

You might be right, but its something we want to do. my Mrs is from there and has never seen it by bike. Europe will be another trip.

3 minutes ago, jedibiker said:

Lol no. My family don't like to travel and the cost would be alot more :)

Won't be that much more expensive and you would be getting married in a castle and wear a kilt.. :) 

even have a go at the bagpipes 🤣

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, husoi said:

Won't be that much more expensive and you would be getting married in a castle and wear a kilt.. :) 

even have a go at the bagpipes 🤣

happy to get married closer to home.. I photograph weddings and see how tough it is on family to travel, get hotels etc/ :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, jedibiker said:

All N500 accommodation booked for next may..seems airbnb the most useful

That’s fairly predictable. My good lady was looking at the possibility of a stay at Kylesku (probably her 2nd favourite hotel, and do-able in a day’s riding from the daughter’s house just outside Glasgow). Very few dates left, none of which would work for us.

4 minutes ago, Steve_M said:

That’s fairly predictable. My good lady was looking at the possibility of a stay at Kylesku (probably her 2nd favourite hotel, and do-able in a day’s riding from the daughter’s house just outside Glasgow). Very few dates left, none of which would work for us.

It looks like alot are already booking due to an unpredictable year this is looking..

• Like 1

We’re cycling it in September ... what ever Buffoon  or Wee Jimmy Krankie says .... wild camping and riding at night if necessary....

• Like 2

We got married on Orkney, Bloomin brilliant. Invited a very small number of people, said we could and would fit as many as want in the holiday cottage or  people could cover their own costs. It was a brilliant brilliant way to do. 

• Like 2