Jump to content

Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, NeilM said:

So serious question then.

What are they primarily used for ?

Vehicle pursuit and stand off surveillance ... they allow ground based officers to disengage from pursuit, hang back and plot destinations of target vehicles. They are also used for surveillance of groups of people. Thermal imaging for drug factories.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Trooper74 said:

Vehicle pursuit and stand off surveillance ... they allow ground based officers to disengage from pursuit, hang back and plot destinations of target vehicles. They are also used for surveillance of groups of people. Thermal imaging for drug factories.

so not "Big Brother" then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gerontious said:

so not "Big Brother" then.

 

"They are also used for surveillance of groups of people.” .. Marches, protests, identification of protest leaders. etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So rant coming: yesterday went for a good long walk with my wife up on the Cotswold Way. Nice weather good views over the Severn Valley etc. Lots of folk walking dogs which is fine but WTF is it with people bagging their dog's shite and then chucking it unto a bush? I think that's even worse than leaving it lying especially if it's clear of the path; they're adding plastic pollution to their crap. Really yanks my chain.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

They've adopted a "stick it & flick it" rule for the woods around here. Get a stick and knock it into the bushes.

 

Think they did this to combat those who took to bagging it and hanging it from tree branches :classic_mellow:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

So rant coming: yesterday went for a good long walk with my wife up on the Cotswold Way. Nice weather good views over the Severn Valley etc. Lots of folk walking dogs which is fine but WTF is it with people bagging their dog's shite and then chucking it unto a bush? I think that's even worse than leaving it lying especially if it's clear of the path; they're adding plastic pollution to their crap. Really yanks my chain.

They're doing the same in a Glen where we go walking, the trick there though is hanging the bags in trees.  One person started it and other sheeple have followed suit, really f-----g annoying!  There's actually a bin in the car park, they're just too bone idle to use it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manxie49 said:

They're doing the same in a Glen where we go walking, the trick there though is hanging the bags in trees.  One person started it and other sheeple have followed suit, really f-----g annoying!  There's actually a bin in the car park, they're just too bone idle to use it.

Follow them home and post them their deposits, I have done it a few times, there's a dog that often gets out just down the street and craps outside the house, spoke to the owner a couple of times about it nothing changed, so now it gets shoved through their door :thumb:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

They've adopted a "stick it & flick it" rule for the woods around here. Get a stick and knock it into the bushes.

 

Think they did this to combat those who took to bagging it and hanging it from tree branches :classic_mellow:

Double edged thing this, some say with so many dogs in the Forest here stick and flick is not acceptable its changing the acidity of soil or something.
So some have gone to bagging again, with sum then ditching in bush later when no one is looking 😕

Some hang them on trees and collect on the way back to car but I would say the success rate is not perfect as you can see them hanging for days.

The one that pisses me off is those that dogs jump put of the car and shit within site of a poo bin and still cannot be bothered to pick it up.   You climb out of the car in the forest and are immediate surrounded by dog shit.

One of mine will only shit in garden the other likes to do it about 1/4 a mile away in bushes where you would never find it.

We have local places we walk with bins and then we bin the poo, if its away from bins, then we stick and flick.

We have some one that lets there dog periodically shit on the grass which we cross to get in the car. Working shifts I fear standing in it in the early hours then walking it into peoples houses. For a whilst I stuck bags on the lamp post with polite note, when they ran out they through the pack it was in my front garden.  If I work out who it is I will post it back to them. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Printed off my supersized business cards trimmed them and laminated them, punched a hole near each corner for the small suction cups I have, and now they are stuck on the rear side windows and just off centre on the rear window, this one was a pain trying to get into the best position so the heating wire didn't obstruct it too much :thumb:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is @learningtofly still about?

Certainly hope so !

Heard nothing about any flounces, maybe one of the "lucky" few working flat out?

Cheers

Ian

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

So rant coming: yesterday went for a good long walk with my wife up on the Cotswold Way. Nice weather good views over the Severn Valley etc. Lots of folk walking dogs which is fine but WTF is it with people bagging their dog's shite and then chucking it unto a bush? I think that's even worse than leaving it lying especially if it's clear of the path; they're adding plastic pollution to their crap. Really yanks my chain.

Yup, same round here. There's a bag hanging in the bushes every few feet. I'd rather they just left it on the ground. What's the point of bagging it and then hanging the bag in a bush?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:


4?! Most uncivilised!

up at 0530 most mornings ... half an hour of peace and coffee before the girls appear .. Molly’s up first usually at 0600 ... Ella at 0700 ... Julie appears around 0730 ... so i only usually have Molly to battle with before i’m off to work ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.