Jump to content

2021.......


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bender said:

I didn't say you would, you just get another year to replace it 😁 

We cannot just restart it so that I don't have to spend at least 10 of the first 20 days stuck at home? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, onesea said:

We cannot just restart it so that I don't have to spend at least 10 of the first 20 days stuck at home? 

Hmmmmm sorry your call is in a queue.................

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

I thought the US had banned flights/ Brits  entering? I know I has to get a special endorsement on my visa just before Xmas. 

Nah just anyone who's been in schengen in the last 2 weeks so not me. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geofferz said:

Nah just anyone who's been in schengen in the last 2 weeks so not me. 

And Turkish Airlines are quite cheap too if I remember  correctly. Winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, geofferz said:

Nah just anyone who's been in schengen in the last 2 weeks so not me. 

 

sorry., but that's not correct. below is the information on this from the US embassy in London.

 

Entry of foreign nationals who were physically present within the following list of countries within 14 days prior to their entry or attempted entry into the United States is suspended, per Presidential Proclamations 9984, 9992, 9993, 9996 and the subsequent proclamation issued May 24, 2020:

  • Brazil.
  • The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe.
  • The Republic of Ireland.
  • The 26 countries that comprise the Schengen Area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland).
  • The Islamic Republic of Iran.
  • The People’s Republic of China, not including the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turkey's not on the list and I think he's been there for more than  14 days so he should be okay. That's why my C1/D visa has a newly issued addition which says I'm exempt from those Presidential Proclamations. Still have to jump through hoops going to the US and a holiday wouldn't be considered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

Turkey's not on the list and I think he's been there for more than  14 days so he should be okay. That's why my C1/D visa has a newly issued addition which says I'm exempt from those Presidential Proclamations. Still have to jump through hoops going to the US and a holiday wouldn't be considered. 

Bloody hope so 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:


No more sunny Spain. 

They got more snow than us in madrid

 

As for abandoned railway stations have you heard about that fella Beeching.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:


He’s in Granada and even their coldest weather is pretty darn good!

It's not, I've been pretty close to where he lives, it's bloody cold in the winter and too hot in the summer, it's one of the reasons the in-laws moved back, they spent more time trying to avoid the crap weather the 3months it was OK wasn't worth it, it's the price they paid for living in the middle of no where.

 

Other regions have a much more even temperature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bender said:

It's not, I've been pretty close to where he lives, it's bloody cold in the winter and too hot in the summer, it's one of the reasons the in-laws moved back, they spent more time trying to avoid the crap weather the 3months it was OK wasn't worth it, it's the price they paid for living in the middle of no where.

 

Other regions have a much more even temperature.


Yes there’s a lot of fluctuation. That’s why I made three trips at different times of the year and drove around adding the potential locations to my weather app and have been monitoring them for over 18months now. I’m a bit of a geek when it comes to making decisions that cost a lot of money!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.