Jump to content

Things to do in Isolation:


Recommended Posts

Anything good to watch?  Read?  Activities. Etc
Assuming you cannot get access to your bike to upgrade clean or rewire.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been watching death in Paradise for the last few days.

The end of the f@king world is a nice series too.

Is either that or those b&W stupidly old movies. 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been watching the Crown on Netflix, mrs suggested watching it , fook sake I got to sit through this   for 3 seasons I thought  .

Not my sort of thing , being about the royals and all that ,  but to be honest it is good and well worth watching .

Edited by Six30
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One other serie I really enjoyed watching a few years ago was House MD with Hugh Laurie.

My style of grumpy bad temper straight to the point guy 😎

Maybe i'll be watching it again. At least isn't B&W 😁

Edited by husoi
wrong words used
Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of years ago my son recommended the book, The Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Well worth a look. I’ve since become quite a fan of Mr Gaiman’s work, though some of it is definitely “different”. 

Edited by Steve_M
Spelling / grammar correction
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since all this began I've been playing scrabble.

On my own, no one else in the family will play against me because I'm a little competitive. 

Dead easy. Have to clear all the letters and its against the clock.

Its kept me amused.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like making things, I get bored after 1 day of inactivity, I never stopped over Xmas, although some may have thought I just stayed up late drinking and being mischievous that's not correct.

 

 

I had to heat the legs I made on the radiator as spraying them in the garage at-2 would have been interesting.

 

DSC_1201.JPG

DSC_1200.JPG

DSC_1203.JPG

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Six30 said:

Been watching the Crown on Netflix, mrs suggested watching it , fook sake I got to sit through this   for 3 seasons I thought  .

Not my sort of thing , being about the royals and all that ,  but to be honest it is good and well worth watching .

 

Yup I had the same 

 

Got glued to it! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going through the house redecorating ....... although I'm bored of it now and need something else to do. I was going to start walking ........ but it's not really the right weather to start that lol

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, stedebs said:

I'm going through the house redecorating ....... although I'm bored of it now and need something else to do. I was going to start walking ........ but it's not really the right weather to start that lol

 

 

yeah it's been raining all day here

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yellow warning for snow up here* from 15:00 till tomorrow 🙄

 

* here = Scotland :P 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, husoi said:

Yellow warning for snow up here* from 15:00 till tomorrow 🙄

 

* here = Scotland :P 

now is you chance to try out those skies 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, husoi said:

Yellow warning for snow up here* from 15:00 till tomorrow 🙄

 

* here = Scotland :P 

I prefer snow to rain lol ......... at least it's prettier to look at and you can have some fun in it :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bender said:

I like making things, I get bored after 1 day of inactivity, I never stopped over Xmas, although some may have thought I just stayed up late drinking and being mischievous that's not correct.

 

 

I had to heat the legs I made on the radiator as spraying them in the garage at-2 would have been interesting.

 

DSC_1201.JPG

DSC_1200.JPG

DSC_1203.JPG

 

@Bender that is a work of art - hats off to you chap. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like box-sets having fallen a little out of love with YouTube recently. I've been watching:

 

Netflix

  • Homeland (all seven series on Netflix)
  • Sons of Anarchy (for the hundredth time)

BBC

  • Back to Life 

YouTube

  • Shadetree Surgeon
  • FlipNa
  • The Missenden Flyer 
  • Delboy's Garage
  • Allen Millyard

 

But my find of the year (for me) on YT is Moto Geo which is Jamie Robinson (yes, ex GP rider and Performance Bikes columnist) and the outstanding Moto Stories with Unkie Phil - absolute gold!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.