Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Morning all, I’ve just ordered some bull-it denim jeans for the commute to work and I’m looking for jacket recommendations to go with them, something that looks more like a jacket rather than a bike jacket but obviously still has some armour and offers protection in an off is such a thing exists? 
I’m not too bothered about leather vs textile other than avoiding denim again as I can’t pull off double denim haha 

Edited by Keeper96
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Keeper96 changed the title to “Casual” jacket

I think any textile jacket with minimal branding would be ok. I wore my Heine Gericke Jacket on holiday to Iceland as it was the warmest jacket I owned :lol:

 

IMG_0317.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lumberjack style shirt with armour on the shoulders and elbows and a pocket for a back protector.

I mainly wear this when it's warmer but I have a lightweight waterproof jacket that will fit over it, and it is surprisingly warm even when it's quite cold outside. The shirt I got from ebay for £25, and the jacket i got from Sainsburys also about £25 :thumb:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

There are quite a lot of decent leather jackets around for bikes that don't look like power rangers. However most of them are on the pricey side.

I have a casual leather jacket with full armour, it's not light but I've worn it to go out when I've not been on the bike, and it's been freezing out, God is it toasty 😁 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's ton of jackets out there plus other garments like shirts and hoodies that have protection. 

 

What do you need from it? 

What level protection?

Does it have to be waterproof?

How much are you willing to spend?

 

For around £100 Oxford, rev it, Merlin etc all do casual jackets

Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on personal preference, I think the Spada Air F2 is a very cool looking bomber jacket. More importantly, it comes with 4 pieces of hard armour, and a pocket in the back where you can insert your own back protector. Comes in black or olive green, around £120.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly my favourite BMW garage has decided to call it a day but there are some seriously cheap jackets, gloves, helmets n great tools now going at auction. Don’t forget to add the 20% vat and the 22% buyers premium though which jacks the price up a fair bit. 
 

https://www.johnpyeauctions.co.uk/auction_details.asp?saleid=9408&siteid=1

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Sadly my favourite BMW garage has decided to call it a day but there are some seriously cheap jackets, gloves, helmets n great tools now going at auction. Don’t forget to add the 20% vat and the 22% buyers premium though which jacks the price up a fair bit. 
 

https://www.johnpyeauctions.co.uk/auction_details.asp?saleid=9408&siteid=1

Some decent kit there. Tempted by the 209 litre drum of engine oil. Keep me going for the rest of my life and then some! Seriously though some decent kit, passed the link on to my son in law who's the K1600 owner.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 10:54, Keeper96 said:

Morning all, I’ve just ordered some bull-it denim jeans for the commute to work and I’m looking for jacket recommendations to go with them, something that looks more like a jacket rather than a bike jacket but obviously still has some armour and offers protection in an off is such a thing exists? 
I’m not too bothered about leather vs textile other than avoiding denim again as I can’t pull off double denim haha 

 

Have you're bull it jeans arrived? I'm thinking of getting the covert slim ones but trying to work out my sizing. 

 

If you're looking for a summer jacket I think the Ixon Filter jacket is a contender. I'm certainly thinking about it for myself. Maybe in the green to have something different than the usual black.

 

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?channable=0209906964003135333537323835393398&ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Ixon-Filter-Motorcycle-Textile-Jacket-2019/SubProducts/Ixon-Filter-Motorcycle-Textile-Jacket-2019-0014&Locale=en_GB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyoeCBhCTARIsAOfpKxggH4t-5T5PcFoPwY7zfb9nuRH5Pb9NGgG4KlfCSiVvAq5pe_gZkUMaAgtlEALw_wcB

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, daveinlim said:

 

Have you're bull it jeans arrived? I'm thinking of getting the covert slim ones but trying to work out my sizing. 

 

If you're looking for a summer jacket I think the Ixon Filter jacket is a contender. I'm certainly thinking about it for myself. Maybe in the green to have something different than the usual black.

 

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?channable=0209906964003135333537323835393398&ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Ixon-Filter-Motorcycle-Textile-Jacket-2019/SubProducts/Ixon-Filter-Motorcycle-Textile-Jacket-2019-0014&Locale=en_GB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyoeCBhCTARIsAOfpKxggH4t-5T5PcFoPwY7zfb9nuRH5Pb9NGgG4KlfCSiVvAq5pe_gZkUMaAgtlEALw_wcB

Yeah they arrived, they’re okay and very comfy but they’re also quite baggy compared to what I imagined so I’d go for a size smaller than usual if I was buying again 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.