Bristol ride outs?

Guest hornet_rider

hey all from bristol here jsut wondering if theres any other bikers from my neck of the woods?

Have a few people currently go out riding with but we cant always get together so looking for anyone whos interested in going out for rides really?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
hey all from bristol here jsut wondering if theres any other bikers from my neck of the woods?

Have a few people currently go out riding with but we cant always get together so looking for anyone whos interested in going out for rides really?

cheers

Hi there Hornet..i just moved to Bristol last week and dont know a soul down here so would be up for a rideout and see some of the local scenery :)

You could visit 'The Old Fox' on the Gloucester Road, have a chat in there they often have rideouts.

Im only a short distance from there Cruz so i will check it out..every time i go past it always seems empty :(

Hi there Hornet..i just moved to Bristol last week and dont know a soul down here so would be up for a rideout and see some of the local scenery :)

I'm a little north of Bristol, but always up for a ride or just a meet, a bike ogle and a coffee. PM me if you want to do something.

I'm a little north of Bristol, but always up for a ride or just a meet, a bike ogle and a coffee. PM me if you want to do something.

Sounds good Matt..im pretty much able to get out anytime mate as im "between jobs" at the moment lol..where do you usually tend to head to ?..

I tend to head north on shorter jaunts to Worcester, Kidderminster etc. I also do a lot of runs to Oxford though I am feeling a hatred for the A40 right now. I'm up for going just about anywhere really. Any weekend pretty much. PM me if you fancy something.

I tend to head north on shorter jaunts to Worcester, Kidderminster etc. I also do a lot of runs to Oxford though I am feeling a hatred for the A40 right now. I'm up for going just about anywhere really. Any weekend pretty much. PM me if you fancy something.

I have just moved down to Bristol after living in Worcester for 23 years Matt so i know a few decent places to go in the area if you are interested..just got to wait for some decent weather :? :)

I have just moved down to Bristol after living in Worcester for 23 years Matt so i know a few decent places to go in the area if you are interested..just got to wait for some decent weather :? :)

Sounds good to me for sure. PM me when you are up for it. I'm out every second I'm not working and it isn't miserable (and I have fuel money ;))

Thinking of having an early rideout across the Severn Bridge and onto Abergavenny over the Bank holiday weekend..Sunday or Monday depending on the weather..if anybody is interested in a ride into Wales then let me know :)

I'd be up for that. Sunday would be best for me since I was considering doing the Southend Shakedown on Monday.

Ok Matt..will keep a beady eye on the weather and if it looks ok by Sat then i will meet up with ya at a convenient location Sunday morning :)

Hi Cruz..probably make an earlyish start and aim for gettin to the Oasis cafe by about 11.30am..

Take M48 over Old Severn Bridge.

Join M4 and exit at Junc 24.

Join A449 up to A40 at Raglan.

Join A40 to Abergavenny.

If the weather is bad then obviously a no go.

Hi Wasted,

NOOOOOOOOOO !

Come off M48 at Chepstow then take the road from Chepstow to Monmouth (A466) through Tintern Hang a left at the lights and down the A40 to Raglan and on to Aber. Return using either A4042 or A40/A449.

Hi Wasted,

NOOOOOOOOOO !

Come off M48 at Chepstow then take the road from Chepstow to Monmouth (A466) through Tintern Hang a left at the lights and down the A40 to Raglan and on to Aber. Return using either A4042 or A40/A449.

If its relatively dry i might take that route mate but if the road is damp then that route can be a bit of a dodgy ride and the roads slippy..especially the run to Tintern through all the woody bendy bits :D

Just waiting for Matt to get back to me to see if he is up for the ride and buying the tea :lol:

This from the Met Office for the Newport area.

Sun 4 Apr

Day sunny intervals 10 °C WNW 18 mph 38 mph Very Good

Night heavy rain 7 °C SSW 12 mph Poor

Last updated: 0901 on Wed 31 Mar 2010

I'm riding to London on Saturday, so if I get too much of a drenching I may not feel up to it.

Its still weather dependent but if its ok then im going so Matt you could maybe meet me in at a point before crossing the bridge and maybe either meet Cruz on route or at Abergavenny :)