Little Confused as what to do

Guest MHarrison94

Hey so I just found out that if I take my CBT at 16 on a moped at counts for a bike at 17...I'm a right idiot haha.

So now I'm thinking...do my CBT now and then come my 17th next may I think I'll upgrade to a full license and get maybe a Kawasaki Ninja 250r?

I want to know what people here think about it. Tbh the reason I picked the Kawasaki Ninja is because last time I spoke to my dad he had one and he never complained...also it's cheap hehe and I'm not made of money :P Then again I could be wrong as it's been years haha.

Any help as to helping me make my decision would be great :)

Btw my main idea was do CBT, ride 125 for a year or so then upgrade for uni.

Your much better choice would be buying a restricted 400cc/500cc/600cc. You will have much wider bike choice. Also whey your restriction ends you won't have to change your bike (and 99% you would). You just take restrictions off and voila! A different bike :wink:

Your much better choice would be buying a restricted 400cc/500cc/600cc. You will have much wider bike choice. Also whey your restriction ends you won't have to change your bike (and 99% you would). You just take restrictions off and voila! A different bike :wink:

Ditto

Ditto

Can you Ditto a Ditto?

im not 100% convinced a restricted bike is the way to go (despite it being what i have done!)

if you buy a ninja 250r, you ride that happily for your restricted period, then buy whatever you like

if you buy a 600cc bike and restrict it, you will have all of your friends telling you to derestrict it constantly, and it certainly is tempting!

The 250 ninja is a good bike from what I've read.

It will be a lot lighter than a restricted 600 so will be faster.

You will get a newer one than a 600 for the same money.

Insurance may be cheaper, though not sure TBH. Tax will be cheaper but it's only a few quid anyways.

Tyres will be cheaper.

Thanks for all the comments :)

Im still confused as to whether maybe to just get the 125 on a CBT and then upgrade a year later...but I feel I may aswell just get the full thing but that's also an extra £500 :/

Hmm I'm so confused haha...

Out of my options of CBT and 125cc bike or Full License and likely the ninja because I prob wouldnt upgrade it until it was needed, even when I can upgrade it...Which is the cheapest? haha...wish I had a job lol

many thanks, michael

CBT and 125 is the cheapest option as you still have to do the CBT for your full license. And a 125 will be cheaper than a 250 in general.

The cheapest way to a full license is to do the CBT and get a 125. Then read up on the tests and train yourself. There's a few guys on here who have done that lately. Loads of info online about the tests and some good youtube vids of the mod 1. You can also have lessons weekly, monthly, whatever to spread the cost, and practise on your own in-between.

Remember the 500 odd quid for a weeks course is only if you pass both tests first time. If you fail either then you have to pay for each retest.

Seen as your unsure I would suggest the CBT and 125 route first. Spend the least amount of money up front and see how you get on. Once your sure biking is for you and you have a read up a bit more on your options then you can take it from there.

Yeah I think I'll do that...I think I'll do the CBT and get a 125 and then once I'm a lot more confident and have researched on what do to I'll go for the mod 2 test after my theory and maybe only do one lesson just so I know what will be in it and get some advice etc unless anyone here can give it haha

So thanks for helping me make up my mind :)

On to the job hunting and saving whilst juggling all that with college haha :)

CBT and 125 is the cheapest option as you still have to do the CBT for your full license. And a 125 will be cheaper than a 250 in general.

The cheapest way to a full license is to do the CBT and get a 125. Then read up on the tests and train yourself. There's a few guys on here who have done that lately. Loads of info online about the tests and some good youtube vids of the mod 1. You can also have lessons weekly, monthly, whatever to spread the cost, and practise on your own in-between.

Remember the 500 odd quid for a weeks course is only if you pass both tests first time. If you fail either then you have to pay for each retest.

Seen as your unsure I would suggest the CBT and 125 route first. Spend the least amount of money up front and see how you get on. Once your sure biking is for you and you have a read up a bit more on your options then you can take it from there.

This is what I would reccomend too and by the time you have more experience and take your test you will know if you want to buy a restricted bike or the 250

Also when you get some experience on 125 your training will most likely be cheaper as you won't need so many hours :wink: I'm paying only £340 for my DAS and that including test fees :mrgreen:

Also when you get some experience on 125 your training will most likely be cheaper as you won't need so many hours :wink: I'm paying only £340 for my DAS and that including test fees :mrgreen:

I agree - I went for a 125 and have taken my time to go for the MOD1, but I've been riding nearly every day. I ended up taking 4 lessons before my instructor told me to stop spending any more money and go take the test.

So £300.00 on lessons - £60.00 + £15.50 for MOD1 test, hoping I won't need too many lesson for MOD2 ;)

I ended up taking 4 lessons before my instructor told me to stop spending any more money and go take the test.

So £300.00 on lessons - £60.00 + £15.50 for MOD1 test, hoping I won't need too many lesson for MOD2 ;)

£300 for 4 lessons ?? :shock: