starts then konks out

mattrick

50cc moto/enduro.rode bike on wednesday everything was ok.maybe a bit rough in 1st gear.anyway tried to start it yesterday and and it woulnt go.engine started,reved it like i normally do after kick start and it went for about 5 seconds and then the revs started to die away even whilst twisting throttle.this bike has a magneto and not a battery.i took carb of and cleaned it incase it is a fueling problem but no luck,just did the same thing again.am wondering if the heavy rain wednesday night done some damage.maybe the magneto is not working properly.dont know alot about them?.thanks for any help.

sorry to the eastangliabiker for my comments yesterday.had spent the day taking tank of and checking petrol for water,taking carb of and cleaning it,checking oil,wire connections etc.the magneto is hidden behind flywheel and after 2 hours trying to get it of without a fly wheel puller gave up.sprayed some wd40 in but that didnt work.so i was a little pissed of.will buy a puller of ebay and see if i can work it out.thanks for your help.everyone has a bad day.sorry.

i didnt know it took petrol or used oil, i have been pissing into the tank to fill it up.theres my problem,theres me thinking it was the magneto.thanks for the help :up:

maybe you missed the tank and got some into the magneto :up:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ROFPMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

no worries mattrick the only way water would of got in around magneto tho is if you have no casing on it or the gasket is letting water in something else to check is that the breather in the fuel cap isnt blocked unless it has tube fitted to it if no tube try running it with cap loose or off

• 2 weeks later...