Registration is quick and easy 

X Box or PS3?

Guest Dan

Just been down town, and wandered in game shop to see if there any decent PC titles... Damn shocked at the 6 feet of shelf space devoted to PC gaming :shock:

Anyhoo got me thinking that there appears to be far more choice for the console gamer ...

So opinions please ...

I'm currently sitting on the X Box side .. but which one?

PC side is far better :mrgreen:

You got a program called "steam" ? Basically can just down load most games on the market and their prices are pretty good.

There aren't an awful lot of "exclusives" for the PS3 or the Xbox. I think a lot of younger people prefer the 360 (i got mine a good few years ago now) but you are probably better off with the PS3. Like i said not an awful lot of exclusives for each, but there are more for the 360.

I have one of the older 360's and so can't comment on the newer models, but mine is rather loud, the graphics (now anyway) aren't really that good any more, especially compared to what i have on the pc. Plus you do have to pay for the Xbox Live and will be stuck with a controller ! :lol: Even for the First person shooters etc :?

But remember, they have been out since 2005/2006 time and though they say they will live to 2015 ish... I'm pretty sure it wont be that long before they start marketing the "next next gen" consoles anyway.

Hmm i ranted a little bit.... :lol: I'd say search which games you would like etc and if more are available for the 360 go for it.... if not go for ps3!

Those with longer memories will recall I built my rig for gaming ... its watercooled and everthing :D

Just didn't seem to be many titles out ... Plus they have postponed Crysis 2 till middle of next year ... harrumpf ..

Unless the shops basically don't cater for the PC gamer.. anyone know of a good source of games?

(i will check out steam)

I've got the Xbox and it's great for gaming but really noisy, forget using it as a media player. They were having loads returned due to overheating and I guess they fitted wind-tunnel fans to try and stop that. The PS3's that I've heard are practically silent in comparison.

If I was buying again I'd get PS3. Don't have to pay subscription to play online games and it includes Blueray. Also the noise probably means it is usable for playing media off USB sticks etc.

Xbox is still great fun so you'd prob be happy enough with either, I'll be glued to mine now that F1 2010 is out :)

XBox for me as live gaming is better although you need membership

If you go Xbox get the new one

They appear to be much more reliable, so far :wink:

No more loading problems with games or locking up half way through :thumb:

Steam is a good source for games, but i see what you mean about the lack of pc support etc. same with lack of titles... your better off searching the internet for anything computer based... plus you'll probably find better deals.

I dont know what games you are in to or like to play or own, here is a few games ive spent countless hours on over the last years or so;

Left for dead 1 (number 2 not so much)

Team fortress

Battlefield bad company 2

grand theft auto iv

killing floor

free game on steam: alien swarm - pretty fun for a few days or w/e,

dont give up on pc's :mrgreen:

EDIT: The up coming game dead rising 2 may interest you, dead rising 1 was only for xbox 360 but man i played that for agessss.

The new fall out game might be worth a look, played the last one for a bit and was pretty good, not really my style of game though.

HAWX 2 I've learnt is soon to be released as well.

I had an xbox for a year and it was fine, changed it for the PS3 because everybody was saying it was better, played it online 4 times and got kicked offline several times because of problems each time so decided to go back to the xbox, graphics might be slightly better on PS3 and smoother but not enough just justify the poor internet play that i experienced. Just to note I used the same connection as I did on the xbox with the PS3 and it never happened on the xbox

If you get a PS3 you can join us on MW2 and own techno.......

AND you will be able to get DC universe!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha dream on...people will always recommend what they have had the original xbox only, will always prefer playstation, but that does for my needs as I only really play mw2 and soon black ops...but also like the fact it has a blu ray player etc :mrgreen:

Depends what you want dont really see any difference tbh...except xbox controllers suck!!

download steam Dan, and add me on there. I'll put you on to some really good games! cheap too

my username is "dankiller18" - made when i was 13, don't laugh :P

added lol

my current name is

[CaR] On Ice

i dunno if thats my actual name but thats my display name, if it dont work try: L4Isoside

I was able to find Cobbz but can't find you Chris :roll: My steam name is THIN 8-)

And Dan, stay with PC if you have a good one. Best games source is Steam and also Amazon. I don't play too much lately but my favourite game is World of Warcraft and yesterday I won key to beta Cataclysm :yay: Looks good :mrgreen:

xbox controllers suck!!

We have had an extra 10 years or so getting used to Playstation ones :)

For first-person-shooter games I can't use anything other than mouse & keyboard, it's just too slow responding with any console controller. Am now now a convert to proper steering wheel for driving games too.

xbox controllers suck!!

We have had an extra 10 years or so getting used to Playstation ones :)

For first-person-shooter games I can't use anything other than mouse & keyboard, it's just too slow responding with any console controller. Am now now a convert to proper steering wheel for driving games too.

I cant see how a mouse and keyboard is quicker to respond. Its fiddly, very old school, and just seems to take the fun out of gaming. I used to years ago play counterstrike on a pc, but sitting at a desktop is no way near as good as sitting in front of a 40" TV on COD on the PS3.

Ah but my awesome rig IS linked to my 40" screen :D

And so could mine be if i wanted :thumb:

Keyboard and mouse is far better, more buttons, more accurate, mouse is faster (mate played COD against people on xbox and i believe they where able to jump over them and turn around and shoot them before they could turn around)

only time i prefer controller is for driving games, gta etc.

Ah but my awesome rig IS linked to my 40" screen :D

Keyboard and mouse is far better, more buttons, more accurate, mouse is faster (mate played COD against people on xbox and i believe they where able to jump over them and turn around and shoot them before they could turn around)

He had a mouse for the Xbox? Didn't know you could get one?

If you're saying that he was on his Pc playing people on Xbox, again, i didn't think that was possible as they have closed servers just like PS3??

He had a mouse for the Xbox? Didn't know you could get one?

If you're saying that he was on his Pc playing people on Xbox, again, i didn't think that was possible as they have closed servers just like PS3??

From what i remember it was a special day/match or something where by pc users could go up against xbox users. I believe this was a few years ago.

either way after playing on both, i much prefer keyboard and mouse!!