Registration is quick and easy 

For all those technophiles out there

sparkeh9

well the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) in a computer does exactly what it says, handles input and output from peripheral devices....among other things :P

Well unfortunately it's been tied to the same specification for 25 years :shock:, which means adapting hardware to handle the legacy system constraints becomes increasingly painful.

They're replacing it with UEFI, which would make your computer boot almost instantly to your operating system, thats not the only benefit of course :)

It'll be out soon but im betting it wont be cheap? Atleast i hope its not cheap, i just upgraded my pc lol.

It won't cost any more.

Although it will speed up boot times, I'm guessing for most PC's the BIOS only takes around 20 - 30% of the boot up time, so instant boots are still a long way off.

[geek] FINALLLYYYYYYYYYY [/geek] If they're out anytime soon my mate is going to be piiisssseeddddd. He just bought an Alienware at £1500, and the worst (if only bad part) of it, is the time it takes to boot. :lol:

except the price...

what are the specs?

Anybody know what they all said??

basically, your computer will start up faster and it will make it easier to get other hardware to work with it (easier to get a camera, keyboard, mouse etc to work with your computer)

:stupid:

These boards have been around a while now, all this article is saying its that they'll be in most PCs and laptops as standard by the end of next year.

It wont make that much difference really as most boards currently boot through bios in about 10 seconds and it's the OS after that, so it might shave a couple of seconds off boot time but that's about it.

One thing to note is that most of the boards that use these are intel boards which means they'll only do the basics, no OCing or anything like that.

I'll stick to my board for at least another two years yet

[geek] FINALLLYYYYYYYYYY [/geek] If they're out anytime soon my mate is going to be piiisssseeddddd. He just bought an Alienware at £1500, and the worst (if only bad part) of it, is the time it takes to boot. :lol:

except the price...

what are the specs?

4gb of ram

nvidia 260m gtx

160gb hdd

i3 2.26 dual core

except the price...

what are the specs?

4gb of ram

nvidia 260m gtx

160gb hdd

i3 2.26 dual core

I assume that's in a laptop? Otherwise that's a major rip

I don't see the point of spending more than £400 on a PC really

except the price...

what are the specs?

4gb of ram

nvidia 260m gtx

160gb hdd

i3 2.26 dual core

Ouch, i'd rather get a mac for that price!

I've spent less on my pc and got better specs also :lol:

6gig ram

ati 5970

1tb hdd

i7 930

willy waving time is fun :lol:

Ouch, i'd rather get a mac for that price!

I've spent less on my pc and got better specs also :lol:

6gig ram

ati 5970

1tb hdd

i7 930

willy waving time is fun :lol:

It's a lappy, and with an Alienware you pay for the case. :lol:

And your PC is the only large thing you HAVE, to wave. :up: