Thinking

Guest Numbers

You need to buy restrictorr kit that is specific to your bike. Its not like you go to B&Q and buy 4 random washers :wink: You can also have them made if you know the dimensions and someone who is able to do that :)

If the bike you go for is a carb bike, older bikes, it will be the 4 washers, which do differ so like cypek said, make sure get the right ones, usually best on fleabay to get them cheap. A lot of the newer bikes are throttle stop restrictions.

ok understand now. think i will aim to do DAS in spring next year but thats only if i can find some part time work (proving difficult)

even if i did DAS and kept the 125 its better than being stuck on L plates.

the day i pass the test is when the 2 year restriction starts right ?

You are doing DAS if you are 21 or over and then you have unrestricted licence. If you are 17-20 you are doing your tests on 125 and then you are restricted to 33bhp from the date you passed your MOD2 :thumb:

ok. the place i did my cbt on just says DAS from £140 per day OUCH. it says it includes the bike, fuel and all the gear. but i already have that so maybe the price will drop if i say il use my own stuff.

surely its better to do it with my bike as im used to it ?

ok. the place i did my cbt on just says DAS from £140 per day OUCH. it says it includes the bike, fuel and all the gear. but i already have that so maybe the price will drop if i say il use my own stuff.

You seem to misunderstand, a DAS is a taken on a 500cc machine (due to them being the cheapest ones that meet the power requirements - it can actually be taken on any motorcycle of above ~46.6BHP). You can't use your 125 for a DAS, and a DAS will give you a full, unrestricted license (21 years old + only).

An "A2" restricted test (i.e. exactly the same test on a 125 - the one you seem to be thinking of), is the one that restricts you to 25kW/33.5BHP for 2 years.

DAS is more expensive. But the appeal is obvious.

You seem to misunderstand, a DAS is a taken on a 500cc machine (due to them being the cheapest ones that meet the power requirements - it can actually be taken on any motorcycle of above ~46.6BHP). You can't use your 125 for a DAS, and a DAS will give you a full, unrestricted license (21 years old + only).

An "A2" restricted test (i.e. exactly the same test on a 125 - the one you seem to be thinking of), is the one that restricts you to 25kW/33.5BHP for 2 years.

DAS is more expensive. But the appeal is obvious.

To be honest all schools I've checked had priced DAS and A2 exactly the same. They just using smaller bike but they spend same amount of time so price shouldn't really be different.

And using your own bike may bring the price down but I doubt it will be much. No harm in asking tho :wink: You may be used to your bike but passing on YBR / CG may be slightly easier than CBR due to comfier riding position :)

yeah sorry i mean the A2 restricted licence

As the guy above said the A2 costs about the same in training as the DAS does.

Where the A2 benefits is you don't have to pay the insanely high training costs. If you're suitable competent on the 125 and you've read up on the various rules and regulations you could just take your test.

I choose to do it via that route, it saved me a lot in the short-term. In the long-term I had to worry about buying a restricted bike and all the fuss that goes with that.

If you're under 21, I'd recommend the A2 route. If you're over 21 consider the DAS is you can afford it. If not be prepared to wait for your license to mature.

im only 17 so would have to do the A2 licence. i found a riding school near me online they do a 3 day A2 course costs £400 so i need to get saving :D

Good luck then matey. Don't forget to double check this guy is worth the money - see if you can find any reviews knocking around.

ps: I'd recommend getting a theory practise book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Learn-Ride-Ever ... 1844252205

/ That one for me was excellent