Disc locks

Guest Numbers

Sorry if this is the wrong section i thought this would be the nearest as its a accesory/security device.

i need something to stop chavs from having a nosey around my bike. i took my bike to college on tuesday and noticed a few chavs around my bike. i stopped and watched them. they were just looking over the bikes at the speedo and stuff. i checked over the bike before leaving that day couldnt see any damage.

seen videos on youtube of these xena disk lock. i think the alarm will make the chavs move away. only problem is i dont want it going of 10 times a day and making myself look stupid.

generally i need something to act as a deterent. i think the disclock is good as it locks the wheel and it has a alarm. so if someones wheeling my bike on a carpark with a alarm going of it has to look suspicious

what do you think ?

Sorry if this is the wrong section i thought this would be the nearest as its a accesory/security device.

i need something to stop chavs from having a nosey around my bike. i took my bike to college on tuesday and noticed a few chavs around my bike. i stopped and watched them. they were just looking over the bikes at the speedo and stuff. i checked over the bike before leaving that day couldnt see any damage.

seen videos on youtube of these xena disk lock. i think the alarm will make the chavs move away. only problem is i dont want it going of 10 times a day and making myself look stupid.

generally i need something to act as a deterent. i think the disclock is good as it locks the wheel and it has a alarm. so if someones wheeling my bike on a carpark with a alarm going of it has to look suspicious

what do you think ?

Probably a good idea to prevent casual tampering and casual theft/joyriding. Nothing more serious. But i would not leave a bike without any security on it...

However, if i know how dumb they can be, you may find them setting it off on purpose :roll:

If they do, you should probably replace it with an alarm system that has a 2-way keyfob (i.e. one that can be set to "silent" so only the keyfob goes off, not the bike alarm itself - so you know it's currently being messed with, but they don't get the noise to entertain them - just the flashing indicators). Alternatively, a very loud (painful) alarm will stop the idiocy in short order.

This is a great chunk of iron for a disk lock that came top in the Ride magazine when tested against a load of others, it also lasted the longest when tested by a reformed bike thief employed by the Mag to do his worst in trying to remove as if stealing a bike,

http://www.worldofpower.co.uk/Motorcycl ... keyword%7D

it don't stop people playing with your bike, but they ain't going to wheel it away, the other thing is it's an approved device accepted by insurance companies so will save you a couple of quid on your policy

it doesent have a alarm though ?

Now come on,, disk lock alarms are feeble things in the way of noise & they only work when someone has a go at them,, better to spend a bit extra on a good lock, but if its noise you want then it has to be a bike wired system,,,,,, it's all, money, money, money :wink: