Registration is quick and easy 

Insurance claim help

asharin

As Phil is away, and before I phone them up tomorrow...

I was claiming through BLD rather than my own insurance, as advised by bikesure.

However the police still haven't admitted liability (or even spoken to BLD at all for that matter) so they say I now need to go back via my insurance. How does that work? BLD currently have my bike for assessment/fixing and I have a hire bike from them, they didn't tell me anything about that :/

This would be fine but now means I am bikeless as I can't afford the excess, even if I should get it back eventually, I guess?

I have no idea never needed to make any claim before and I haven't a f******g clue what I am supposed to be doing?

thats interesting to hear about BLD. when i was in an accident BLD were desperate to help but i declined because i was sure something wasnt quite right with them!

have you spoken to your insurance company at all about the accident?

As Phil is away, and before I phone them up tomorrow...

I was claiming through BLD rather than my own insurance, as advised by bikesure.

However the police still haven't admitted liability (or even spoken to BLD at all for that matter) so they say I now need to go back via my insurance. How does that work? BLD currently have my bike for assessment/fixing and I have a hire bike from them, they didn't tell me anything about that :/

This would be fine but now means I am bikeless as I can't afford the excess, even if I should get it back eventually, I guess?

I have no idea never needed to make any claim before and I haven't a f******g clue what I am supposed to be doing?

Talk to BLD. Unless there's some issue with them, they should be your port of call.

Be carefull with BLD

Some claimants have been hit with massive hire charges recently for a number of reasons.

Firstly, they have been keen to supply a bike evenb though the claimant has been physically incapable of riding and so the defence question these unreasonable costs, and because you sign the agreement/contract, you become liable for thse costs which can be significant.

One client got a bill for over £10K even though his compensation was only £8K

Another client loaned him a bike 24 hours after the crash even though he had a badly busted femur and was unlikely to ride for several months. Hire cost charges at over £100 a day were questioned by the defence and got thrown out by the courts, he ended up with a massive bill, and no he is taking an action against them for providing a bike even though he told them he did not require and was incapable of riding.

BLD is an accident management firm and the Police have no obligation to speak to them, and even then they will only provide a copy of the Police report on payment of the £60 fee which is called a disbursment, and even then they will only usually provide a copy to the insurers, solicitors and the claimant.

At the moment, most Police forces are taking between 3 - 6 months to produce the reports after the case has been closed, so don't expect anything soon.

Some will praise them to the hilt, unfortunately I tend only to see the cock ups they make, but none the less hire bike costs is a real issue.

Just be carefull.