Registration is quick and easy 

cut that penis off your head Osborne

urbanmark

I was amazed when I watched the news this morning. All households with an income of over 44000 will lose child benefit. Even though this was going to have a pretty harsh effect on me, I thought about it and had to agree it was a good idea. We cant all just go on watching others struggle while we get away with it. Yes this country has scroungers but it also has a hell of a lot of decent folks who need help. I like to think about it the same way that when you donate money to UNICEF or OXFAM, some of the money has to go on pens, computers and P.A's..............................BUT HANG ON......WAIT A................THEY HAVE..............NOOOOOOOO. You only lose out if one person in the family is earning more than 44k. You and the mrs can be bringing in 80k a year and be struggling to put bubbly in the fridge and petrol in the Rangerover, but you still get child benefit While the poor production manager down the road who cant pay his mortgage and will need to get his wife a job in pizzahut at weekends to pay the child care for the two rugrats will lose out!!!! LOLOLOL. Genius.

44k is a lot of money. it puts you in the top 1 percent of earners IN THE WORLD. http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Its time to start taking a long hard look at government policy makers. Not the doughnuts you see on the T.V. The men in suits in whitehall who none of you voted for.

At least I get to keep my child benefit though. I just feel so bad about it :?

Brrrrmmmmm (a bit of motorbike association)

Nearly everyone i know has been moaning for years about "Bloody taxdodgers living on benefits!"

Now that they're doing something about it a few of them have gone into Uproar!

I truley don't understand it.. They wanted change and now they got it!

It might not be perfect for everyone but damn its a step in the Right direction!

You shouldnt get more money sitting at home watching day time telly that if you were out working..

I like how this is all going..

Cant afford to have 5 kids? Dont have them.

Seems a reasonable step to cut child benefit from the highest earners. But it would make more sense to base it on total household income not just individual incomes. That way it could save the state even more money.

Hold on a minute, before we start hitting hard working parents, lets cut the bloody scroungers money,the ones who live on disability that arnt, the ones that refuse to get a job, I dont see any child benefit the wife keeps it but in my opinion at least to me I see it as a tax rebate of sorts!

After all I pay my council tax and rent( mortgage) unlike say my ex sitting in a 3 bed house doing f**k all get her off her arse first worry about us EASY targets later!!!

Oh and If its not joint income thats fine :up:

I agree Gary, that there should be greater incentives for people to work rather than rely on state payments. Eligibility for benefits should be tightened to cut out those who appear to have no intention of trying to get a job.

But the threshold should be based on a combined household income and maybe have a sliding scale for the amount of child benefit paid so that the more you earn the less benefit you get.

I fear it'll be the ordinary, average earning man/woman that will once again be the loser!

To my mind they'd save hell of a lot more money if they really cracked down on those people who claim benefits that shouldn't - there's an awful lot of very hard working people who subsidise the scroungers :x

My Lads both go to College and arnt entitled to anything. Because me and Helen (Wife) both work.

However there are people in both of their Colleges that claim for stuff and benifits amounting to over £200 per month. There is no way i could aford to give that kind of money to my kids.

And the really annoying thing about it is one the lads that claims all this benifits drives to college in his own car. :shock:

Im currently working as an intern software engineer(placement year for Uni) and as such am only getting £15k p/a,

My girlfriend graduated from uni earlier this year, she was having trouble finding a job and decided to go for JSA while she found one.....she wasn't entitled because she hadn't made enough NI contributions(obviously being at uni, kind of hard) and she lives with me (apparently £15k is above the threshold :shock:). Luckily she's got a job now, so we should be OK :D

Not as though we're married or anything, so why is cohabiting treated as though it is?

Hold on a minute, before we start hitting hard working parents, lets cut the bloody scroungers money,the ones who live on disability that arnt, the ones that refuse to get a job, I dont see any child benefit the wife keeps it but in my opinion at least to me I see it as a tax rebate of sorts!

After all I pay my council tax and rent( mortgage) unlike say my ex sitting in a 3 bed house doing f**k all get her off her arse first worry about us EASY targets later!!!

not everyone can work that are on disability! the lot off ppl on disability that had no choice but to go on disability, i;m 1 off them the jobcentre wont let me sign on as i dont meet there criteria (eg i'm limited to what work i can do) so my app gets rejected so the only choice iv got is to go on disability, and the jobcentre wont or can't give me much help as im on disability

Nearly everyone i know has been moaning for years about "Bloody taxdodgers living on benefits!"

Now that they're doing something about it a few of them have gone into Uproar!

Taking cash from those with jobs doesn't really help to encourage people off benefits.

It seems like a strange place to start, hopefully not a taste of things to come otherwise they'll drive lots of jobs (and therefore lots of taxpayers) offshore.

Im currently working as an intern software engineer(placement year for Uni) and as such am only getting £15k p/a,

My girlfriend graduated from uni earlier this year, she was having trouble finding a job and decided to go for JSA while she found one.....she wasn't entitled because she hadn't made enough NI contributions(obviously being at uni, kind of hard) and she lives with me (apparently £15k is above the threshold :shock:). Luckily she's got a job now, so we should be OK :D

Not as though we're married or anything, so why is cohabiting treated as though it is?

Because it pretty much is the same thing. Being married isn't really any more "permanent" than living with your girlfriend these days. And I, for one, have no particular desire to get married, even though i may as well be. So it wouldn't be fare to treat me differently (good or bad) just because i haven't signed a worthless piece of paper.

I agree that it should be more about looking into getting the Ejits who arn't ill but claim all they can.

However this is alot harder to prove and sort out than just "People above X amount of money dont need the money for kiddies"

We need to get more money flowing through the country to fund the Needed system to sort out the Lousers.. Ironic No? :roll:

Worst case i know is some one who claims off his local council for back problems and therefor cant work.. While working for the council as a removals Man!! :evil:

Is it good that we argue about what the disabled, the unemployed, and the children get..... and conveiniently forget about the rich bankers who gambled money they didnt have and got us into this mess..... I say treat the bankers like they would treat us and now ask for them to pay back the billions loaned...with interest.

Don't be fooled into thinking that its the poor, the disabled or the scroungers that caused this mess

That blame lies at the door of the greedy and the rich........... and whats more they are still greedy and still rich and being paid bonuses that make child benefit look like the chicken feed it is

Hold on a minute, before we start hitting hard working parents, lets cut the bloody scroungers money,the ones who live on disability that arnt, the ones that refuse to get a job, I dont see any child benefit the wife keeps it but in my opinion at least to me I see it as a tax rebate of sorAfter all I pay my council tax and rent( mortgage) unlike ay my ex sitting in a 3 bed house doing f**k all get her off her arse first worry about us EASY targets later!!!

not everyone can work that are on disability! the lot off ppl on disability that had no choice but to go on disability, i;m 1 off them the jobcentre wont let me sign on as i dont meet there criteria (eg i'm limited to what work i can do) so my app gets rejected so the only choice iv got is to go on disability, and the jobcentre wont or can't give me much help as im on disability

Oh I agree if thats the case I have no problem with that, my ex is on disability cos she WAS addicted to heroin.....its wrong!!

Also just cos people earn x amount doesnt mean there necessarily better of than those below the threshold, I know someone who earns less and is way better off than some due to the way life throws certain things at you for want of a better way to say it, why shoud they with all there savings and no mortgage, possible inheritances get something that someone having to earn more just to get by doesnt!

I just think that earnings isnt necesarily the best way of grading this!

Is it good that we argue about what the disabled, the unemployed, and the children get..... and conveiniently forget about the rich bankers who gambled money they didnt have and got us into this mess..... I say treat the bankers like they would treat us and now ask for them to pay back the billions loaned...with interest.

Don't be fooled into thinking that its the poor, the disabled or the scroungers that caused this mess

That blame lies at the door of the greedy and the rich........... and whats more they are still greedy and still rich and being paid bonuses that make child benefit look like the chicken feed it is

Well said.

But financial crisis or not, the benefits system needed sorting. Too many people getting too much money for doing nothing. An overly complicated, expensive to run, easy to defraud system that needs to be torn down and started again.

It will take a decade to undo the mess labour left us with.

Close...

Yes, the bankers are greedy but they are NOT the cause of the mess. Not in any way, shape or form.

Nor is it down to people who borrow more than they can afford to repay.

The reason the country is in so much debt is entirely down to the government.

They are the ones who, through times of prosperity, "maxed out the credit cards" and got the country into a mountain of debt. Then, when the bankers screwed up with toxic debts (something also caused by governments when they allowed banks to do what they did in the first place - there was a reason they weren't initially allowed and we're now feeling it) the government took our money and handed it over with NO conditions attached.

Yes, the bankers were greedy, but the only reason they got away with any of it is because of government.

We are supposed to live in a capitalist society. That means failure should not be rewarded. The bankers would NEVER have taken the risks they took had they been living and working in a system where failure was punished and all their assets were stripped to cover the losses. They don't though. They live in a society where they can take all the risks with none of the consequences because they are (remember this?) "too big to fail".

The government is the root cause of the entire mess. Focusing on the bankers is, even though they ARE a greedy bunch of f*****s, missing the point.

It doesn't make what they did OK... just like "the expenses system" the politicians were milking doesn't defend what they did... but the system IS the problem. Neither are systems that can be fixed by minor tinkering, but by major overhaul *of government*.

Limiting pay and bonuses will not make a blind bit of difference, nor will cutting child benefit or hounding a couple of scroungers back into work.

Cutting government back, getting it out of our lives and savage cuts in spending, taxation and the very nature of government are the only things that aren't going to be mere sticking-plaster fixes for the gaping wound at the heart of the country.

Nobody seems to really want the cure though.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." - Origin uncertain.

Why have I started getting into political discussions again?

Years ago I decided not to... it never changes a single thing beyond blood temperature.

I'm gonna step out of this now.

If anything significant changes within my lifetime there's a good chance I will literally die from sheer surprise.

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

If anything significant changes within my lifetime there's a good chance I will literally die from sheer surprise.

Thats one of the funniest thing I've read for a while! :lol: :lol:

In 1694 the Bank of England was established and granted the extraordinary privilege of being permitted to create new money. Soon the ratio of new money creation, loaned at interest, to "real" money or gold backing it up shrunk to very small levels, and now almost the entire world banking system is based on this model.

This is why bankers rule the world and the rest of us, as long as it's permitted, will be mugged-off by them.

As for the child benefits - yeah.... you hardly need benefits on those salaries. BUT, the either person, rather than joint income, rule is stoopid.

Dan - Happy to oblige.

Aaron - I will not rant... I will not rant... I will not rant.

Urbanmark - let me guess... bald, stub-nosed hater of newspapers?

Haha.

If anyone is following this thread and wondering why folk like me get so riled up about this rubbish, get yourself onto YouTube and watch The Philosophy of Liberty. If you understand that basic principle, everything else pretty much goes without explanation.

In fact - here's a link.

">

Viva la revolucion!

(Though probably not - because it's all the wrong types who seem most likely to actually revolt - and that'd be even worse!)

Dan - Happy to oblige.

Haha.

If anyone is following this thread and wondering why folk like me get so riled up about this rubbish, get yourself onto YouTube and watch The Philosophy of Liberty. If you understand that basic principle, everything else pretty much goes without explanation.

In fact - here's a link.

">

Viva la revolucion!

(Though probably not - because it's all the wrong types who seem most likely to actually revolt - and that'd be even worse!)

But if people stop asking officials to run their lives for them then the terrorists will kill us all in our sleep!!!

Dan - Happy to oblige.

Haha.

In fact - here's a link.

">

Viva la revolucion!

But if people stop asking officials to run their lives for them then the terrorists will kill us all in our sleep!!!

Of course... that is an inherent risk we'll just have to take. :P