addition to MOD2

Oh come on guys, its not really a big deal. The examiner just ask you "now follow the signs for (insert city here)" and you do that for 10mins. You WON'T fail for taking wrong turn or getting lost. They just want to know if we can ride and think at the same time, not like robots just being told "turn left / right" :wink: There is nothing to be scared of :)

I accidentally caught a snippet of the news the other day (I don't like my blood boiling so I tend not to listen to/watch/read the news at all) and heard about this addition to the driving test (didn't know it was bikes as well) but I'm half inclined to think it's a really good thing.

It could actually be a step towards testing where students need to learn to ride/drive than to learn to pass their test.

Could this be the beginning of the end of people suddenly changing lanes to make a turning because they missed the previous 3 signs?

Well, maybe not, but I'll be glad to see the whole thinking and driving thing find its way into the test.

I knew it was getting put into car test, bike MOD2 getting it too? o-0

Ive already passed, so I dont have to do it on bike :P

I think it's probably a good thing, though I can imagine it will make some people panic and inadvertantly make silly mistakes by attempting to follow the route...especially if they dont know the area

I knew it was getting put into car test, bike MOD2 getting it too? o-0

Ive already passed, so I dont have to do it on bike :P

I think it's probably a good thing, though I can imagine it will make some people panic and inadvertantly make silly mistakes by attempting to follow the route...especially if they dont know the area

I think that's probably the idea. If instructors start teaching people to pay attention properly, or even put the "follow signs to..." thing into the basic lesson format it could lead to less stupid "it's OK to signal half way into a move, without any mirror or blind-spot checks as long as you're trying to make a turn you'd almost missed" type driving.

I do wonder if it'll mean more observation for road signs and less for cyclists though.

I already see some horribly bad driving from students and instructors (passing WAY too close to cyclists or at bad moments) so half expect this could make things worse.

Oh I dunno.

Cars suck. That'll do. :P

I still think time on 2 wheels (a couple of years, preferably) should be a prerequisite to getting a car entitlement.