Recommend me a tyre

cypek

Hi guys. I need a new rear tyre for my zx. 180/55ZR17 and the cheaper the better as I'm really short on cash at the moment. I'm nowhere near riding it fast so just some standard touring tire would be the best so I could do some proper mileage on it. I don't really know where to look for it so if you know some good/cheap places please let me know :roll:

Cheers :cheers:

Edited by cypek

try MAXXIS Supermaxx, I ride with them and never had any problems.. google will get you reviews of different tyres, but for a good tyre for little money, try the Maxxis.

i know a couple of guys who are riding on maxxis and they re crap. Both had there bikes dyno d at skegness and the squiggly line on the graph was put down to there tyres. Is it a coincidence they both had the same tyre s on? Black circles .com have reasonably priced tyres. I paid £106 for a rear dunlop roadsmart which is a sports touring tyre. If you buy from them then quote freebikedel2010 in the promotions box for free delivery. Saving £12

i know a couple of guys who are riding on maxxis and they re crap. Both had there bikes dyno d at skegness and the squiggly line on the graph was put down to there tyres. Is it a coincidence they both had the same tyre s on? Black circles .com have reasonably priced tyres. I said £106 for a rear dunlop roadsmart which is a sports touring tyre. If you buy from them then quote freebikedel2010 in the promotions box for free delivery. Saving £12

i didnt say they were a track tyre .... but a good alternative, plenty of positive fb on the web, even with sports bike forums. but if your a throttle junky then maybe not your type..

its nothing to do with being a speed freak simon. I were just passing on info that a guy who works with bike s for a living blamed the tyre s. Cant be a coincidence that both bike s with the same problem were the only 2 with maxxis on.

Tyre :lol:

Sorted :oops:

Don't worry techno moaned at me several times about the spelling of 'tyre' as well :lol:

The funniest thing is I've checked at Google Translate how to spell it :lol:

I have Bridgestone Battlax BT014 fitted now and I don't really like them. I will check them Maxxis and Michelin ones :cheers:

As Frankie suggests, the Maxxis is not a premium tyre.

The Michelin however will be a totally different ball game... You will pay over a ton for one though, but they do handle well, and last well :thumb:

try MAXXIS Supermaxx, I ride with them and never had any problems.. google will get you reviews of different tyres, but for a good tyre for little money, try the Maxxis.

Do they make a 16" front? Sooo cheap! How many miles do you get out of a rear?

I've enjoyed my BT-016s, amazing grip levels but I've nearly chomped through a rear in no time at all, and at £140 odd quid for just a rear it's not really sustainable to continue getting them with the mileage I'm doing right now… saying that, if I can't find a decent cheap set of tyres with the 16" front I might just take the plunge again to get the full use out of the 016 front that's already there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your advice guys. I have bought Maxxis Supermaxx Touring for £120 delivered :mrgreen: Now I need £50 and some time to get them fitted lol

They were delivered yesterday:

oponki.jpg.c97fe484fafb77f436af019d86593ef4.jpg

I know, I got quoted £25 for loose wheels but I don't have bike stands and even if I would be able to remove the wheels somehow I can't really take them to shop (taxi maybe...) so not much choice for me :roll: