we didn't really plan the route!

we did sit around and look at a map

before we went but basically we just followed the signs :lol:

we stopped about every hour/hour and a half, my blade

needed filling up!

on the bikes we stayed in formule1@s in orleans

and perpignon so 3 days appx 500 miles a day

to torrevieja from the midlands.

Sue and I went in the car last year, I drove nearly all the way!

only stopped 3 times for fuel! 18 hours calais to torrevieja!

we came back up the west coast of france a bit longer but nicer.

Lee roy and I did this sort of route last year the coast road out of Calais is great as are all the roads around the Loire valley south of Orleans, we routed over the milau viaduct and then up into Andorra. The road into Andorra through pas de casa is a must have a look on google maps. I wouldnt bother with the rest of Andorra though turn around and do the mountain pass again lol. The pyranees mountains are awesome with some fantastic roads as you drop into Spain. We did 5 days from Calais to Salou with the only mway being milau it was a fantastic trip we didn't book anything apart from the tunnel and we planned each day roughly over breakfast or evening meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the route advice Nomad, i appreciate it.

On my way i'll look up * link removed as it contravenes TMBF advertising policy* :wink:

I wonder if it's true about the attended petrol pumps in France that they don't stop until it's pouring all over the place because you're paying :?:

Yeah sorry about the link :cheers: if an attendant fills you up they will stop short of full and if they can to the nearest 10centimes as they do not like the copper coins at all ;) they will be pleased if you were to do the same, I usually aim for the nearet whole euro ;) I have posted some tips here *removed*Ride safe

I'm thinking of a trip up North round the highlands of Scotland to the larger lakes. Only have a shiver 750GL, might have to buy some panniers *$

When? No idea but guessing June July (ish)

BB

Scotland great place to tour, here is a tour report of a Scotland trip Wendy and I did some time ago before coming over here to France, might give you some ideas ;)

Thats a fine site you have Nomad and some quality information too 8-) . I'll plan my route to head your way for a night or two and explore some of that beautiful scenery you have around you.

Cheers Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Akey and Rennie, just had another look at your route ideas and info.

I've got a good idea of where i'll go but mustn't overplan, just the start and finish ferry times.

Anyway, looking forward to September and South West France, should cover about 200 miles a day max.

Plenty of time for R' n' R'................ :cheers:

Nothing yet :( I'll have to find some unlucky bast*rds to join. I suspect I'll keep it within the UK (and/or france) as I'm fairly new to full powered bikes. Long distance isn't really a problem, I've only ever done long distance :P