Registration is quick and easy 

Rescinding of membership status.

Guest WalneyFrankie

everyone i am rescinding my membership of this forum, down to the managements attitude especially to the RTTW thread. the comments made are out of line with forum protocol, I do not support egos,

Si, we all know that events that support our troops, is a tremendously emotive topic for many of us. RTTW is a little misunderstood...it's about a show of physical support for our armed forces (the money raised being an added bonus for the up keep of the Arboretum) but I'm not sure that that comes across strongly in the way in which the event is marketed as many hear about the event through word of mouth. There are a few of us on here who feel the need to be at this event due to our connection with the armed forces but there again there are countless others who show their support in other ways. We all make personal choices about those charities and organisations we support because their touch out lives in different ways.

Please do not let a difference of opinion or perspective distance you from the great friends and events that you've experienced on the forum. We're not always going to see eye to eye with everyone here, but we also shouldn't be judge and jury over the choice that individuals make.

Let's face it ...life would be fairly boring if we all thought the same!!!

Si,

I know we haven't met yet but we surely will sometime next year, but don't talk bollox! What Pen is saying is right.

I have raised several £000's over the last few years for TRBL but didn't attend RttW 3.

I have also had issues with the admin in my short time here (haven't I Pen ? :D ) but it ain't a bad forum when all said and done.

Man up, you would be missed as well.

Personally Simon, had you questioned my beliefs or commitments in any way what so ever, I`d have answered your flippant remarks in a way stronger than "admin" did. Such things are PERSONAL and have no place to be doubted, or as said, questioned by others.

Like said by others, get over it and don`t cut your nose off to spite ya face. I`ve taken some shit, all be it minor, so I`m sure you can.

Simon for once i'm going to be sensible and talk to on the level.

Your a very active member on this forum, Posting help in pitstop, organising rideouts (always good ones i may add). I enjoy your company when we meet up there is never a dull moment.

However. Like you said

maybe that as an Ex-Serviceman with freinds still serving in Operations overseas my judgement is clouded towards this event.

We all pay our respects in our own personal way. Which makes them Our personal respect for whatever reason.

Remembrance Sunday (14 November) I am sure thousands of people will be turned out to pay respect in their own way. Then return home with no mention of it. A personal respect.

I enjoy RTTW "yes enjoy" because for me RTTW is paying respect with a group of friends. However Remembrance Sunday is more emotional as i go on my own to reflect.

So we all pay respect in different ways and don't need to be told how to do it.

If you feel the need to leave the forum. Thats fine, you will be missed and i for one hope you don't.

We all fall out now and then thats what causes wars, which in turn brings us back to the beginning of this thread.

What ever you decide Ridesafe and all the best.

Dave

Please take a moment to reacquaint yourselves with these particular rules.

In light of current affairs and recent events, these rules become more pertinent than ever.

2. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where The Motorbike Forum is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. The Motorbike Forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.

3. At no time will you post anything that is detrimental to the site. New members want to see that the site is fun, and not a bitching ground..

The admin team would like to thank all members for your continued support. And long may it continue.

Above all , the forum should be a fun place to be!!

this doesnt seem to apply to the owner.

In light of current affairs and recent events, these rules become more pertinent than ever.

2. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where The Motorbike Forum is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. The Motorbike Forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.

3. At no time will you post anything that is detrimental to the site. New members want to see that the site is fun, and not a bitching ground..

The admin team would like to thank all members for your continued support. And long may it continue.

The response was definately harsh, and contrary to protocol, but also provoked. I won't go further than that because I don't personally know the people involved.

Paying tribute to the fallen is not for the benefit of the fallen. They don't care because they're dead. It's for the benefit of the individuals and society as a whole. It makes us feel better. Some people like to share personal things and others do not. Some might choose to share it if it's convenient because it might be nice to do so.

Expecting others to put aside prior commitments in order to attend an event like this is self serving. It makes no difference to the dead.

I disagree.

I don't think the bit you posted is at all relevant. Nor do I think any of those rules were broken.

It was a strongly worded response and there is nothing at all wrong with that.

I disagree.

I don't think the bit you posted is at all relevant. Nor do I think any of those rules were broken.

:stupid: :stupid:

Nothing in Vicki's post in that thread was breaking the forum rules ...

A PM between you and Vicki, might be better than a thread titled "Rescinding of membership status." as it isnt needed if thats really what you intend to do ... all its doing is creating more discussion on a topic thats got fudge all to do with us ...

I disagree.

:stupid: iv just look at the thread and i have to agree with bigshot

I think it's all got a little out of hand, and blown a little out of proportion!

As said it's a personal thing,

Walney (imho) your post was a little forceful, not everyone has the same views on the subject, I dont think it's right to impose your view and throw a strop if someone doesn't agree. You're a valuable asset to the community, dont throw it all away for something that shouldn't be argued about :cheers:

And vicki, (again imho) your response was perhaps a little harsh, but I understand your annoyance, walney is a very active and valuable member, I'd hate to see him leave.

Normally I'd say "cya then"

But we are not talking about some random, we are talking about a valued member of this forum! The help and support you have provided to others has really helped, probably including me as well, and you are well liked here.

Not everyone will see eye to eye, I get that a lot (not always with this forum but with in my family and maybe friends as well) as I do happen to have my own opinion on things and I am rather stubborn! :lol:

I don't know what went on in that thread (I always seem to miss all the juicy topics :lol:) but don't let it affect you too much mate.

If you do go, you will be missed (I've noticed another member has gone but have absolutely no idea why) but it doesn't help or prove anything really, at least here you can still talk / make new friends, provide support and take part in future events of this forum.

Besides I'm sure this will all have been forgotten about in a few weeks or months time!

So "cya then" if you decide to leave or "Nice one, glad you decided to stay" if you do stay.

:thumb:

Please guys & girls let's not turn another thread into a war of words!

As I have already said in the original RTTW thread, it is an emotive subject that shouldn't be the topic of any disagreement and criticism.

I have locked and removed the RTTW thread as it serves no purpose in maintaining the equilibrium of the forum.

bloody hell. Looks like i ve missed something here too. Dont go si. Who s gonna tell me when im wrong or tell me im wrong when im right :mrgreen: as others have said you are a valuable member to this forum with loads of help and lots of knowledge. I ve certainly appreciated your help in the past and k know for a fact dale and wot s up whitcher ben will miss ya. So has the song goes . . . . Please dont go. Dont go away :mrgreen: helen. . Talk some sense into little smurf please

Blimey...am going to have to come on here more regularly just to catch the gossip!

Seems i have missed out on a thread of much controversy :crybaby:

hey ho.

stick to yer beliefs and own moral standards mate.....whatever they were , stay or go....we can always chat on facebook!

For those who didnt see what I put..

I dont know about anyone else but I for one am sick of your self righteous attitude on this subject. Who the hell do you think you are to come out with such comments! Do not suggest that just because people have a previously arranged social event on this date that we dont acknowledge the fallen servicemen any less than you!

We cannot all have the luxury of being free, have the money or the time to make this event as much as we may like to. Wind your neck in Simon

So I said your self righteous about the subject and told you to wind your neck in... ouch!! It doesnt break any site rules!

Truth is you have been sulking ever since I told you how pissed off I was when you put a google map link to my house on an open forum, you deleted me off facebook and have been awkward ever since.

So, stay or go, or actually talk to me in private and sort it out like an adult.

Robjam - maybe you would like to explain to me how I have broken the same rules I helped to write? Only rule thats been broken imo is this thread which I see as being detrimental to the site.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW AND HAVE NEVER MET IS LEAVING AN ONLINE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait I don't care.

Following from what philgale 'said', either pick up your toys, put them back in the pram, and deal with the Site Owners views & do what they say, or leave.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW AND HAVE NEVER MET IS LEAVING AN ONLINE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait I don't care.

Following from what philgale 'said', either pick up your toys, put them back in the pram, and deal with the Site Owners views & do what they say, or leave.

dont jump on a band wagon when you dont know whats going on

Just as a general comment as I know both parties and have a closer insight into the original argument that started this can I just say one thing!

If you are a member and want to leave its simple instead of making a huge song and dance about it JUST DONT LOG IN!

Thanks Admin :mrgreen: