Good biking roads, Camberley, Surrey area??

Hi Andy there are quite a few nice roads up around Surrey. Go from Camberley - Guildford, - Reigate/Redhill then on towards East Grinstead. See if you can find Rykers Cafe at Boxhill.

Or head south to Alton, then over to Petersfield - Midhurst - Petworth - Pulborough then down to Bury Hill where there is a biker cafe. Ride back up towards Horsham.

Another biker haunt is the cafe at Portsdown Hill overlooking Portsmouth, a nice ride down via the A31 and A32.

Loads of good roads all over the Sussex/Surrey counties, if your ever over Brighton way give us a shout or something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just spotted this thread - sorry for the delay! I'm just up the road from you in north Farnborough.

One of the best roads in the area is Mytchett Place Road, from Keogh Barracks to Pirbright. It's only a couple of miles, but it's only just up the road from you and well worth the effort. (Be careful, though - it's one of those roads where all the signs are bent and roadside flowers appear from time to time).

Also worth a look if you fancy a ride a little further afield is the A339 between Alton and Basingstoke. I've made it part of a circular route before... take the A30 to Basingstoke, down the A339 to Alton, then the A32 as far as the junction with the A272. Stop at Loomies for a cup of tea and a snack, then take the A32 and A325 back home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Crikey I remember having an off on the road to Hartley Whitney :) Was my own stupid fault forgot about the bit where there is a corner that tightens in on itself.

Ended jumping the bike up the slight embankment into the field behind it :)

This takes me back to the days of my youth :)

Does Fleet Country Club still do a bikers/metal night? IIRC was a Friday. Does Fleet Country Club still Exist?

Pirbright bends is alot of fun and you always get a fair few bikers down there when the weathers nice, or for a slightly calmer ride the back rounds from hartley wintney to basingstoke can be a nice ride in the sun shine :D

didnt realise there was so many locals on here

It's certainly picked up a bit since the last Ninja, Tony. We'll all have to go out at some point. Off on hols at the end of the week but maybe sometime in June...

I'll post another thread with a weekend as they're a bit sparse for me at the moment!

• 10 years later...