Registration is quick and easy 

i found another bike forum and dont like it..

robnally

i found another bike forum, i was doing a search as i was bored and found this.. anyone know it ?? i was not impressed with some of the topics and language they were using on it. :o :shock: :evil:

i will NOT be signing up with that one !!

thank god this one has decent people with manners on here (TMBF) :3some: :3some: :angel12: :angel12: :lol: :cheers: :love: :love: :cheers:

link removed by rennie, it's bikechatforums :lol:

I've been on lots of different bike forums over the years. They all seem to get a bit polarised. For example, some seem to be purely sportsbike hooners, some seem to be older folks who fix up classics, some seem to be die hard all weather commuters. MCN seems to be the worst for being attacked by trolls and spammers. By the same analogy TMBF has the largest proportion of new/younger riders. It's also by the far the most heavily moderated of all the forums. Whether this is a good or bad thing is probably a matter of opinion, but I do find reading endless flame wars very tedious and obviously we don't get them here.

I use a couple of ski forums too and much the same things go on there.

Trouble is when forums aren't moderated (or aren't moderated well) they just end up a war of words. There will always be those who are spoiling for an argument or take delight in putting other people down, but they just take over in some forums and put other people off from posting.

Obviously everyone has their own opinion but there are ways of putting that across without being continually rude, arrogant or sarcastic!

I LOVE BCF, never fails to make me laugh!

You just gotta be a bit wise when you post there, they will try to pick holes and laugh at you :lol:

The Workshop section is very useful though, you should also see some of their projects..

But I agree its full of 17-20 something's and can be a little immature? Seem a good bunch of lads/ladetts though!

EDIT: In alot of cases though, the morderateless way of life for that forum works really well. IMO.

BCF is funnier / more anarchic but I can't bring myself to get fully involved in the banter when it consist of quite a few 16 - 17 ped riding ar*eholes flinging mud when the slightest disagreement pops up. A few pretty switched on people there though.

TMBF is more chilled and easy going, if a little over-policed.

BCF is funnier / more anarchic but I can't bring myself to get fully involved in the banter when it consist of quite a few 16 - 17 ped riding ar*eholes flinging mud when the slightest disagreement pops up. A few pretty switched on people there though.

TMBF is more chilled and easy going, if a little over-policed.

Aye that's what I thought as well, but it's something I preferred when I first started riding, now im a "real" biker and know what's what I dont mind a bit of banter/piss taking lol.

I like BCF, I spend as much time there as here..TMBF and BCF are two different animals really. I have to say TMBF is more newbie friendly though, whereas if you're going to be active on BCF you need very thick skin :D

Edited by asharin

i used to go on bcf a few years ago stopped because of the lack of/poor moderation and some people having a go when i was right about a few things in the pitstop section!!! :? maybe they didnt like that what they was saying was wrong and a newbie was right :?

i used to go on bcf a few years ago stopped because of the lack of/poor moderation and some people having a go when i was right about a few things in the pitstop section!!! :? maybe they didnt like that what they was saying was wrong and a newbie was right :?

Was that before for after you started tmbf?

been on and off it for the past 7 years!! :?

I thought you men't you were a member then stopped browsing and was just wondering if that was before you started tmbf up.

:lol:

been on and off it for the past 7 years!! :?

I thought you men't you were a member then stopped browsing and was just wondering if that was before you started tmbf up.

:lol:

well with my answer it easy to figure out i was on there before TMBF came along :lol:

Both myself and stu have been on/still are on a huge variety of bike forums, and aimed to make this place everything they weren't.

Moderation is done for a reason, ie we remove links, then contact the link asking if they want to advertise with us, thus raising revenue for the forum..... Personally I hate the keyboard warriors who think its ok to abuse people and speak like shit.. because actually it isnt ok....

Stu and I, and all the moderators have put a lot of time and effort into TMBF :) I'm Happy :mrgreen:

ps.. I was on BCF and used to go in the Scottish area and met some good friends :)