Cold Groin.......

Guest lockstock

It’s already getting cold.

I have a pair of leather trousers, around the groin area is stretchy material, that lets the air through, which is fine in the summer, my problem is that in the winter it gets really cold (not good !) I’ve searched around for an off the shelf product to sort this problem, but no joy. Some sort of groin windbreaker, or over pants..???

Anyone have a solution or this?

Thanks

For anything cold and wintery I strongly recommend wool. Warm when wet or dry and you can practically live in the stuff without stinking (synthetics tend to stink in a few hours).

Merino wool is soft next to the skin so no prickly feeling like other kinds of wool can give. Ideal for base layers like thermals. Personally it'd be the first thing I'd try and I'd use them even just walking around in the winter.

I'm wearing on a couple of pairs of thermals, it's made a differance, but not much. As the wind manages to blow through

I'm doing 50/60 mph, it's the wind i need to keep out.

So I'm guessing that there isn't a piece of clothing that can sort this.

I've cut out a picec of leather to shape and velcroed it around the stretchy material area, again it works abit, but not ideal....

Thanks for your suggestions

The other week when we attempted to ride to North Wales I wore a pair of thermal base layer top/bottom a thermal next skin layer had my leathers on and a pretty thick hoodie over the top with no zips, two neck tubes and the wind still cut through to the chest.

Luckily my nuts are protected by the amount of heat coming up from the engine so no worries there but the feet legs chest was cold.

I really don't think there is a full on way of protecting everything in this weather.

BB

For feet there's the old cyclist trick.

2 pairs of socks with a plastic bag between them.

Some folk I know swear by it.

Personally I hate plastic and try to use as little as possible - particularly when it's disposable stuff - but it's meant to be a good, cheap solution.

Cold Killers gear

Top, Long johns and socks.

Decent neck warmer. winter gloves and heated grips.

:stupid:

To add to that though, check out 'sealskinz' socks. Warm and waterproof, so if your boots leak, you won't notice!

And the oversuit is a good idea.

Cold Killers gear

Top, Long johns and socks.

Decent neck warmer. winter gloves and heated grips.

:stupid:

To add to that though, check out 'sealskinz' socks. Warm and waterproof, so if your boots leak, you won't notice!

And the oversuit is a good idea.

May need to invest in some, one of my boots leak (At the bottom) :lol: