Registration is quick and easy 

Beware Disc Lock

nman1

Well after the recent good ying with the insurance claim, comes the bad yang (or whatever) with this little bugger.

Situation is, a nice biker parks ACCROSS the fornt of three bikes so we all have to reverse out to manover around him. I forget I have the disc lock on as I`ve not been using it for some weeks due to parking outside the office.

I have to reverse and crunch. This happens.

So far all quotes are coming in at £145 to replace the mudgaurd.

100_0552.jpg.77fb6500a698da80ed01ccd9c543c1cf.jpg

Ah this is why I dont use any security devices... that and im far too lazy :D

If there was one I'd have to use, it be that brake lock, goes across ya front brake and around your grip. Probably more effective than a disk lock and you pretty much cannot forget it :lol:

a nice biker parks ACCROSS the fornt of three bikes so we all have to reverse out to manover around him.

I like how you left unmentioned the bit where you pushed the offending bike over for revenge.

Probably best left that way too.

;)

My disc lock had a bright yellow lead on it that I hook over my accelerator so to remind you it's on.

Snap mate but I just sat on the bike and moved it to avoid the bike in front. Totally forgot the disc lock.

a nice biker parks ACCROSS the fornt of three bikes so we all have to reverse out to manover around him.

I like how you left unmentioned the bit where you pushed the offending bike over for revenge.

;)

I wouldn`t do that to a fellow biker BigShot, but I was damn near thinking it

;)

I wouldn`t do that to a fellow biker BigShot, but I was damn near thinking it

I know.

As I said though, probably best not admitting to such things anyway. :P

Ooops! I have one one mine and also a bright yellow 'forget-me-not' thing which I loop round my handlebar and lock. Only I totally forgot about it the other day (even with the darn loop thing) and tried to wheel it out of its stable - yes it has its own stable :lol: . It kept stopping and i thought, have I left it in gear?? till the penny dropped :oops: :oops:

Thankfully no damage done, unlike yours :(

my dad done that to my bike when i first got it , I was sitting nicely watching the TV then all i heard was crunch coming from the garage, with a few sware words following after it . I continued sitting there raging cus i could tell what had just happened lol

I have only avoided doing this through the use of an alarmed disc lock, you twitch and it goes off like a nutter. Its annoying to disarm and if it goes off while you are trying to undo it then it kills your ear but its prevented this so far... And I value my bike far beyond my ears :lol:

Sorry to hear its happened all the same, must be a right pain in the back side. Amazing it does so much damage with seemingly little force. :shock:

Yep, bloody nuisance, going to have to weait while next months pay day to fix it. I`ve got one of the straps over the grips but I just totally forgot and my hand must have hidden the strap.