how do i get my visor to stop steaming up?

Have tried the washing up liquid and some rubber thing but it was all rubbish, then I bought pinlock insert and this is just awesome, you can blow as much as you like no matter the weather and you get no fog what so ever. It's expensive but worth every penny. Even today during this cold weather with rain+snow my visor stayed fog free.

Best thing i find is if you dont have a spray, is to close your visor completly and then notch one side up, so it is slightly sqew-wiff that coupled with a neck scalf (not a balaclava) (its about 30cm long, is thick and soft at one end and thinner soft fabric at the other, (tubelar in shape)) keep all most all my fog and freezing breath to a minimum, and reduce wind noise greatly). The other thing I use just to be on the safe side is a spray named, Bob Health Visors Antifog. http://www.bigbikebook.com/15279/BOB-HE ... SPRAY.html -- one squirt (golf ball sized) of that onto a piece of kitchen paper and rub on the inside and out, then i find i can drive in tempratures below -9 (not including wind effect, so realisticaly more like -13) with the visor fully closed, and not steam up one little bit, and stay completly warm and cosy inside. :P and to make it even better, i'm still on my 1st can of the stuff, cost me £4 from a dealers, and i've applied it every 3 days :) since begging of july.

Hope this helps.

Gotta say the Pinlock solution for me. Fit it and forget it. Don't need to take the visor off and reapply something every week and once you've bought it you don't need to keep buying a new tube every so often.

Once you've bought 2 bottles of spray on stuff you've practically paid for a Pinlock visor :cheers:

I just bought the cat crap stuff, and find it to be f**king fantastic!!!

So cheap and easy to use, yet works brilliantly. Can't quote how long it lasts yet, but it easily works for at least an hour lmao. And with it being so handy, you can just carry it around with you. Perfection!!

i'm glad someone else has finally given this stuff a go! It really is good stuff. Even after applying a little bit every other day, it hardly looks like i've used any from the tub, can easily see this lasting me quite a few months.

• 1 month later...

another vote for pinlock - although when i replaced my visor it didnt have the pinlock posts so have been using it without for a whole and have found the close visor then openit at one side works - the washing up liquid trick only workd for 10 mins lol

that bob heath stuffs great used that a few years back - think i still have the same can somewhere

Pinlock all the way though

Or ride with the visor one notch open.... for free.

:stupid:

It also depends what lid you have...

had it got good vents?

Has it a non steam visor?

I usually leave min just a notch open.

• 9 months later...
I just bought the cat crap stuff, and find it to be f**king fantastic!!!

So cheap and easy to use, yet works brilliantly. Can't quote how long it lasts yet, but it easily works for at least an hour lmao. And with it being so handy, you can just carry it around with you. Perfection!!

i'm glad someone else has finally given this stuff a go! It really is good stuff. Even after applying a little bit every other day, it hardly looks like i've used any from the tub, can easily see this lasting me quite a few months.

bump...

knew i'd posted about catcrap before :lol:

can anyone suggest a pinlock visor insert to get from maybe ebay or some where like that? pref universal if that is possible? im not sure how they actually get put onto the visor. do you have to screw through the visor or something?