Heated grips won't turn off!

So my Oxford heated grips have been playing up. I went to my bike one day and it wouldn't start. Bumped it OK and forgot about it. Next time I went out, bike dead again...and the next, and the next...until I found out the heated grip control unit was permanently on! In fact the only reason I noticed is because the grips started burning my hands, which until that point they hadn't been on at all :? I "fixed the problem" by disconnecting the control unit...The problem actually started about 3 months ago, but because it wasn't cold I didn't care!

Now it's cold and I do care. Has anybody else had this problem (I'm guessing yes based on Oxford's reputation!)? If so how did you rectify it? I don't have any of the paperwork, guarantee, warranty, etc that came with the grips, and yes I did fit them myself! Any way I can send them off to Oxford and they'll just replace the unit (I doubt it!)?

Thanks folks!

Now it's cold and I do care. Has anybody else had this problem (I'm guessing yes based on Oxford's reputation!)? If so how did you rectify it?

Not quite the same problem, but the controller that came with my grips (Daytona) was a but 'all or nothing' - either nuclear hot or barely warm.

I fixed it by junking the standard controller - just a switch that links the grips in parallel or in series - and designing my own. Now I have a choice of 20%, 30%, 50%, 75% or 100% of full power, which is great :)

I knew one day I'd be glad I did electronics for a living... though admittedly that may not be the straightforward, easy answer you're after...

I had a problem with my battery last year, think my heated grips didn't help.

Anyway took them out and the problem went away for a bit, ended up getting a new battery anyway lol.

Don't know if I can be arsed with them this year, was hard enough wiring up a battery charger cable up to put through the pillion seat :lol: .

You can buy a controller from an Oxford dealers, last time I got one it was about £25, but that was a couple of years ago!

Mine's gone through 2 now, first was replaced under warrenty!