Registration is quick and easy 

Nokia N8

DG

Has anybody got the N8 phone? How do you rate it?

I've got an iPhone which I've had for 19 months which I've now got for £20 a month as my 18 month contract ended. I've got an open 30 day contract now, but the phone is pi$$ing me off a bit now. It took me 4 hours to update at the weekend as all my tunes, ringtones and pictures were deleted and I had to reinstall them.

I like the usability of the phone, but I could be tempted by the new nokia.

Any thoughts??? :D

i dont trust symbian software so i wouldnt get it...

check out the android stuff tho thats miles better

+1

Definitely get an Android mobile. Symbian is dead. More and more manufacturers stop making phones with it and I've read yesterday that Symbian Federation is also over. You won't get many applications for it especially as this newest version is not compatible with old apps. And android market is growing all the time - over 100k apps at the moment :thumb:

I wouldn't trust anyone like argentum40 who has only nokia as a test bed due to his fanboy state, not that argentum40 can't be trusted but would you trust someone who said 'Honda's are the best bikes I've ever ridden' when Honda's are the only bikes they've ever ridden?

I'm tempted to follow Phil's advice as I'm in the same boat and Phil through his job has managed to try them all so knows hist stuff.

Phil which HTC is it you're getting as i've checked and there's quite a few with very similar names.

fanboy state??.. what u on about eh.... personally whether u trust me or not i actually dont give a toss... the question was asked if anyone had an N8 which i do and what are they like which i stated... it was not about other phones and a comparison with android phones etc...

also at no point did i state it is the best phone did i?... i said it was the natural choice for me... maybe you should read peoples comments correctly before bumpin ya gums

So what phones use the Android stuff??

Htc, the motorola droid just go on carphone warehouse site and browse some it will tell you also google some reviews of phones you fancy techradar and gsmarena do good in depth reviews!

i will probably be in Leeds as on most weekends so if you are bored you could have a look at my Samsung Galaxy S or my gf's SE Xperia X10 mini pro, both using Android :wink:

i will probably be in Leeds as on most weekends so if you are bored you could have a look at my Samsung Galaxy S or my gf's SE Xperia X10 mini pro, both using Android :wink:

Is that like Swingers code for sharing your partner or something?

The N8 just doesnt have the smoothness of the iPhone's or the android phones. Have to give it a good old tap sometimes to action things when I had a go on one. Id stay clear of it, and get an iPhone 4 or HTC phone.

Phil which HTC is it you're getting as i've checked and there's quite a few with very similar names.

i got the desire hd....

dg loads use android, htc desire and desire hd galaxy s x10 htc wildfire etc etc

the 2 top dogs imo are the galaxy s and the desire hd...with the hd edging ahead due to its higher megapixel and flash galaxy doesnt have a flash, and the hd has a bigger screen.

oh anyone who says the iphone is quicker is talking bollocks.

Is that like Swingers code for sharing your partner or something?

Why, you interested? :up:

No way I would share my lady and I'm not interested in others 8-) All I can consider is letting a fellow forum member to touch my phone :mrgreen:

And what philgale said, although I didn't see this new HTC phones, just youtube reviews but I have Samsung Galaxy S and I can really recommend it. Its just brilliant :thumb:

• 6 months later...

Nokia had launched this phone in February 2011.This is one of the best phone with so many good new features.This phone is good for both business and pleasure.It is the first Symbian smart phone which released globally and big emphasis is placed on its imaging capabilities.