Registration is quick and easy 

Life; but not as we know it.

Aaron

Eurgh... way too many words... i go for the option of not reading it :up:

The general idea is that there are 3 options:

1) Almost all civilizations will die out before reaching technological maturity.

2) OR almost all of the civilizations that fully mature technologically (or become post-human) will have no interest in running an ancestor simulation.

3) OR we are almost certainly living in a simulation.

The crux being that if civilizations were to create ancestor simulations then those simulated civilizations will eventually create their own simulations, and so on. On this basis the number of simulated realities will vastly outnumber the true realities, and therefore it would statisticaly be almost a certainty that our own “reality” is infact a simulation.

If and when we humans create one of these simulations we will then know that we are most probably a simulation ourselves.

Eurgh... way too many words... i go for the option of not reading it :up:

The general idea is that there are 3 options:

1) Almost all civilizations will die out before reaching technological maturity.

2) OR almost all of the civilizations that fully mature technologically (or become post-human) will have no interest in running an ancestor simulation.

3) OR we are almost certainly living in a simulation.

The crux being that if civilizations were to create ancestor simulations then those simulated civilizations will eventually create their own simulations, and so on. On this basis the number of simulated realities will vastly outnumber the true realities, and therefore it would statisticaly be almost a certainty that our own “reality” is infact a simulation.

If and when we humans create one of these simulations we will then know that we are most probably a simulation ourselves.

Doesn't the fact we're attempting to create these simulations or at least working with AI to enable us to create these simulations support the fact we're living in a simulation now? Why do we have to wait until we have the simulations running? In fact take it further doesn't the fact we have the ability to think therefore support the theory we're a simulation as it takes thought to create a simulation?

Does this mean the matrix is real, or is our universe contained in an aliens marble....more to the point who gives a shit reality is as you percieve? it!

Well I was thinking that it doesn't matter whether it's "real" or not. What's the difference between consciousness from "real" physics and that from simulated physics?

The only way I see it making a difference is when one day a massive window pops up over the northern hemisphere saying "Updating your computer is now almost complete. Windows will restart your computer automatically in 4:56 minutes".

Of all the 3 options, the ancestor had to exist in each, therefore I would have thought its more likely we are the real ancestors since they definitely exist whereas 2 of the options don't have that certainty.

If we are simulations though, I'd like to think that my simulation wouldn't be running on a Windows platform, although that would give me an excuse for my crash earlier in the year... :D

Who cares? You live, you die, end of, stop thinking about it and just enjoy it!

I care as if it is a simulation I'm going to try and jailbreak/hack/mod my life to make it a lot better and less restrictive than the original parameters allow. :)

Who cares? You live, you die, end of, stop thinking about it and just enjoy it!

I care as if it is a simulation I'm going to try and jailbreak/hack/mod my life to make it a lot better and less restrictive than the original parameters allow. :)

Free 1UPs for everyone!