Advanced riding.

Just been up to Squires this morning with a mate who has done the advanced riding test, introduced me to a few of the York based bods and before I knew it I was off on a taster session.

Its only March since I passed my test after doing the das and cbt last November, and after a few initial nerves was really pleased with the feedback, positive and negative, I got on how I was riding. (More positive I'm glad to say)

So much so that I am signing up for the whole shebang starting next week. Anyone else been down this road? At the moment I'm thinking of the benefits as safer riding and lower insurance premiums as well as the buzz of learning new stuff and putting it into practice.

Anyone else been down this road?

Yup - I signed up for the IAM "Skills for Life" course in August and passed my IAM test last Sunday.

Today I have been to a meeting about becoming an IAM Observer - Just waiting to be paired up with a Senior Observer now, then I'll be starting my Observer Training.

Good Luck with your course - I'm sure you'll benefit from it.