Registration is quick and easy 

phone contract

Takanta

hello folks , just a little ramble about my phone contract.

anywhoo I got a 24 month contract with vodafone about 8-9 months ago ( through phones4u, BAD mistake)

anyway on my contract it says i can reduce my tariff to a lower priced one. once ive been on it for 9 months , so yesterday i decided to go into a vodafone shop and see what they can do for me . to be told that theres no way they can do it , even if its on a phones4u contract theres no way they are able to do it either .

so technically ive been mis -sold my contract , so do ya think I have the rights to try cancel my contract?

If it says it in your contract they have to do it. What reason did they give for not doing it? Get it in writing why they told you no.Then you could try trading standards,C.A.B,There must be some ombudsman for mobile phone shops,last resort solicitor. You hold all the cards if it says what you say in your contract. Just make sure there are no clauses. Hope it helps..

You can reduce after a certain period of time, they are wrong, just ring your network provider, and they can do it for you. I have done it a couple times now with Orange, and had no problems. Should not matter where you took contract out, phones4u or Vodafone, its still a contract on vodafone.

It can be done, but I must admit, 8-9 months on a 24 month contract doesn't sound right.

It's usually a few months before the end of the contract, so if you were on a 12 month one, then you might be OK.

At the end of the day they have you over a barrel, UNLESS you actually have it in writing, then they have to honour it.

Is def 9 months for me, I just signed on to another 24 months with orange recently after upgrading, and clearly says in contract, once 9 months have passed I can reduce my tariff if I please.

it defo says 9 months on the contract, gonna try again in my local vodafone place , if they say i still cant even if i show them the contract im gonna head to the phones4u shop and start throwing tables n chairs!! haha

cheers for the input folks

Ive done this MULTIPLE times with Vodaphone, O2 and T-Mob. Just stick to your guns, and deal with the call centers (a pain in the back side.....I know) but they really are the best place to sort this kinda stuff out.

On a side note MAKE SURE THEY MAKE A RECORD OF THIS PROBLEM ON YOUR FILE.....and keep a record of it yourself, the reason i say this is when it comes time for your next renewal it gives you additional leverage.

My new Iphone 4 which is now on its way to me (renewed 3 days ago) cost me

£20 for the phone (usually £~110)

£30 a month for - 600min, unlimited texts, unlimited data (usually £35 pm)

with a free £10 a month data and Blackberry service plan for my old blackberry for 12 months (so i can keep using my old phone for the blackberry messenger service)

How did I get all of this?

O2 have messed up my billing umpteen times during my contract resulting in bills of around £300 every few months......always refunded after a quick phone call....not really a big problem.... but when it came to renewing I went to visit my friend (who works in an O2 shop) got the cheapest price off him, then called up and asked to cancel....the usual crap and all in all i struck a good deal ...... 18 months as well :lol:

u can get it reduced by calling the number on your bill to get through to customer services, Vodafone shop cant help you because you did it through phones4u, i have the same problem with carphone warehouse....

but ring the number and they can help you to reduce your contract. they will try to tell you not to do and and convince you otherwise offering you good deals but tell them you cant afford it because you lost y our job and they usually stop hassling you... (not that you did but a few white lies never hurt lol)