Registration is quick and easy 

Static Caravans

GARYJL

Im thinking about buying a static caravan on the North coast

of Ireland in Portrush where they hold the North West 200.

Ive looked up a few sites and they all have caravans for sale

but dont give prices for ground rent and I was wonder if anyone

on the site has a caravan and could give me an idea od prices ?

Also if anyone does own one if they think its a good idea or if

it gets a bit boring after a while.

we looked at one on a site and worked out to be around £180 pcm for the up keep ie ground rent ,water ,gas and ins .and plus what ever the caravan cost too and we talk to some other owners who rent them out as they got a bit bored of them after a year or so on the same site ,so we put the money to a tourer instead had 5 hols in it upto now all at different sites..We looked at haven site there rules go on and on too........hope this helps m8

The local Haven site here starts at 3k plus per year (my ex works there, where I worked when younger and still have friends there who own caravans) but they can be 'sub-let' to re-coup some of that when you are not using it if you want.

Most of the people who own caravans on her site live within 2 hours drive of the park and use it as a family get away a couple of times a month. It's more of a second home to them than a holiday as such and the 'owners' as they are known have a mini community almost. They receive preferential treatment, some sites have their own facilities and events on a regular basis to keep the owners happy (pool parties and wine tasting are two I've been to).

Most parks will bend over backwards if you tell them you are interested in buying a caravan, and may be able to make some deal on a holiday to see if you like it, and can refund the cost of a holiday off the price if you buy a holiday home.

The same sort of things apply at Park Resorts too, but smaller companies and privately owned parks may do things differently but I have no experience of them. Hope that helps a little bit.

if its any help around most of the static sites in the skegness area ground rent varies between 1500 to 2100 depending on site this includes the water and electric.if you have it on a good site and can rent it out for few weeks a year it will pay for most of the ground rent just off the rentals

Just one word of warning - Most sites have an 'age limit' on the vans - i.e. You cannot have a van on site which is older than xx years. Make sure you ask the question and then get the age of the van you are looking at.

:cheers:

Is that for safety or just a money spinner by the site? :D

It's also to maintain the appearance of the site

When we was looking too i said i could build a decking and a varanda round the van being a joiner ,but they said there not permitted anymore :roll: but the guy said they use 3 companys who build plastic ones so you have to choose one of them ,money making scam i think :twisted: