Left Indicator hesitation

Danny-B-

Bit of a wierd one i think

The right indicator when pressed works fine, flicks at a uniform speed etc.

When i flick left, it flashes then goes out for more than a second or two, then usually flashes properly (same speed etc as the right)

In the really cold weather it wouldnt stay on at all .. i have to hold the button over to the left to keep it flashing properly. seems to be worse in the colder weather.

WTF is casuing it ? surely its the same relay switch as the right ?

P.S. these are standar indicators, not LED. Bike is a CBR 600FM (94)

If you have to hold it to make it work then I would start with checking the switchgear itself as most likely something may be slightly loose or not connecting properly. That would be my guess :thumb: It won't be so easy now when WF is not around anymore... :roll:

could be wear in the switch itself or water laying in there or could be the relay playing up

It is unlikely to be the relay seeing as the other side works fine, more likely a worn switch or bad connection.

could be wear in the switch itself or water laying in there or could be the relay playing up

It is unlikely to be the relay seeing as the other side works fine, more likely a worn switch or bad connection.

:up:

yes, I agree it sounds like a poor switch contact or worn switch