Registration is quick and easy 

Bit sad today

nman1

Sorry guys, sitting here feeling a bit shite at the moment.

Three years ago today I visited my mum in hospital at 9.00am after she`d been in there since Aug. 29th. I was told to call my brother and sister in for a meeting where we were told there was nothing they could do and would we give permission to turn off her medication. We all sat with her from 12.00 noon to 2.10am 6th Nov. when she finall passed away.

I feel shite because I had left the hospital at 12midnight as I`d been there all day and I was not at her side when she went.

Like I say, sorry guys for being a bit soppy but sitting here on my own (as I will all day cus my bosses are out at meetings) I needed to vent some feelings.

Cherrish your parents folks.

Know how you feel Neil - Mums are treasured people! I lost mine nearly 4 years ago - she died while she was having dialysis & I didn't get the chance to say goodbye either.

As people have said, we try to get by remembering the good times and happy memories.

Have a beer tonight and toast her life!

aww big bex hugs coming your way hun, i know how hard it can when you feel like you did something wrong when really you didnt. just think of the good things, and what would she say to you right now if she could, probably something like "stop being so silly and pull yourself together" you know she would, deep breath hun and imagine the forum huggin you xxx

Sorry you are feeling shite, I also lost my dad several years ago and didn't get to be at his side when he went as my son was trying to call me during the night and I had earplugs in (due to hubby's snoring) and didn't hear the phone!! :( I do remember the date of his death but prefer to remember his birthday and what was special in his life. He loved nature and whenever I see something that is especially beautiful but a lot of people take for granted, such as a rainbow, sunsets, autumn leaves, a wonderful view - I think of him.

Have another big hug anyway even if I don't know you, and hope you feel happier soon! http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/traurig/a020.gif

I watched my good mate carry his Mum into the crematorium yesterday to Wonderful world, id only met her once but reflection is easy to do. Not something anyone looks forward too and wishes it never happens.

Sincere condolences mate, have a glass or two and celebrate her life and all the best.

BB

Neil No doubt your Mum was very proud of you as she was of your Brother and Sister.

And she be looking down at you saying to herself " I didn't do to bad down there did i" with a little smile to herself.

Your a good man with lots of good friends (and GOG) when you need them we are here.

Enjoy the memories and the good times you spent together.