helmet fit around chin

Guest l1ncs

Hi,

I've just got my bike license and am after my first helmet. I'm leaning towards a flip front helmet at the moment, especially since i wear glasses. The only flip front i've tried that I like the look and feel of is the Shoei Mulititec. In the Small size the helmet seems to fit prety good just about everywhere. The only thing which concerns me a little is the space between the chin guard. If i Stick my chin out I can touch the helmet, although it doesn't touch at all times. Is this going to cause a problem, particulalrly in an accident?

Good game Good game.

I think most people can touch the helmet if you stick your chin out.

As long as the helmet fits proberly its not a problem, your head shouldn't rattle about in there anyway.

Yep - I'm fairly certain I can touch my helmet with my chin if I stick it out.

Just make sure you don't stick your chin out if you're going to have an accident and you shoud be fine :lol:

Helmets and glasses... the Shoei Raid II is designed with this in mind, has channels for the spectacle arms.... and is a full face lid. Just as an alternative.

And yes, I can jut out my chin and touch the lid too. Think the Caberg flip fronts have a wee bit more room around the chin ...

I had a multitec & to be honest you can do a lot better than shoei at half the cost,,,, have a look at Nolan they run rings round the multi,, & the one I've got my eye on is the Givi flip front,,, now that is nice,, both of these have detachable linings, unlike the shoei which is glued in,,,,,,

Good game Good game.

I think most people can touch the helmet if you stick your chin out.

As long as the helmet fits proberly its not a problem, your head shouldn't rattle about in there anyway.

i was thinking more of a jimmy hill chin t c

most helmets cope with glasses but i honestly can say that i would rather get the best helmet then get glasses that fit in, my safety is paramount, i have had fm,agv and arai and worn a shoei and all have been fine :)