Didn't pass CBT!!!

Well yesterday was fun!

From the off there was extra pressure as my instructor was being examined by a DSA examiner himself so was obviously nervous - which didn't help me! Other person on the course had been riding for years and just needed to do the tests.

Figure of 8's and U turns were ok off road and once I was on the road I had fun....when it clicks it feels amazing. I did manage to drop the bike AND fall off :roll: got back on and was annoyed at myself but carried on.

Think alot of it was down to the pressure of the instructor being a bit stressed, the DSA examiner being there and the fact I was freezing - didn't put thermals on but we ended up doing 45 mins of the ride in the dark which was good experience. Afterwards i did get alot of encouragement and was told that not a lot of women go straight onto a 500 so I did well....although I think they were just being nice. :?

So, apparently i just need some help on the slow control and then I'm there.....was fine once I was off and going. Hopefully get it nailed this weekend - if they have me back :lol:

Just feel like a complete blooming Doris!

Just reading through others experiences and although I fell off and stalled at a few junctions it seems others have done just as bad and passed! :roll:

Oh well, guess he couldn't pass me if he was being examined aswell.......I'll nail it at the weekend.... :wink:

Rode this weekend without thermal's? Jeeezz even i stalled on Sunday my fingers where that bloody cold, nevermind i couldn't grip the tank with my thighs as my nuts had frozen solid! (obviously you won't suffer from that, same as Ker5h)

It's a little out of order he was being examined as well, they should of asked you if you was ok with that as the stress level as you say would of been higher than normal. Wait till the weekend and pass it flying colours, just don't forget your thermals.

As a tip; drop it down into neutral as you are approaching the lights, gives you more time to concentrate on balancing stopping etc - sorry if you already know that but...

Good luck!!

BB

Good tip thanks!

I don't blame the instructor but it did stress me out a bit.....and you're right I couldn't feel my fingers (or my non existent nuts!)

I think I've got it though - just need to be more confident with my clutch control....my slow riding is good, it's just turning - going to borrow housemates push bike tomorrow and do a few hours practice.

The examiner said he was going to find out where I am doing my Mod 1 and make sure he's my examiner :up:

thats bad crack that Vic as it is stressful if you have no bike experience... on th eplus side you will skate through it this weekend :cheers:

hopefully not on my arse at a junction as I did yesterday :lol:

If it wasn't such a buzz when you get it right then I wouldn't be doing it, but I'm hooked! and obviously a real biker now I've fallen off :cheers:

Probs won't be till the weekend after now which is a shame and means I have theory next week before passing CBT!

Had a similar situation when I did my CBT - trainer was being observed by a DSA inspector and they had to set up the training area differently. You possibly would've been ok had things been different.

And remember, the CBT isn't a pass/fail test! Just training that ensures you are competent to go it alone on the roads, so there's no shame in having to go back for a second session!!

Had a similar situation when I did my CBT - trainer was being observed by a DSA inspector and they had to set up the training area differently. You possibly would've been ok had things been different.

And remember, the CBT isn't a pass/fail test! Just training that ensures you are competent to go it alone on the roads, so there's no shame in having to go back for a second session!!

Cheers mate.

Heard from the guy who runs the training company last night and he was really supportive - just said that the guy from DSA didn't help. anyways, hopefully I'll pass my theory next week and finish CBT next Sunday.....itching to get a bike now! :lol:

nevermind i couldn't grip the tank with my thighs as my nuts had frozen solid! (obviously you won't suffer from that, same as Ker5h)

if bb had bigger nuts then there would be more blood circulation to keep them warm. That is why i dont suffer from having frozen nuts :mrgreen: thanks for the compliment bb :up:

Good tip thanks!

I don't blame the instructor but it did stress me out a bit.....and you're right I couldn't feel my fingers (or my non existent nuts!)

I think I've got it though - just need to be more confident with my clutch control....my slow riding is good, it's just turning - going to borrow housemates push bike tomorrow and do a few hours practice.

The examiner said he was going to find out where I am doing my Mod 1 and make sure he's my examiner :up:

You'll be fine its just getting some time on the bike...

:idea: - its also usefull to 'dab' your back brake a little to slow when needed during the slow clutch controlled turns and keep your rev's 'busy' it all helps to steady the bike.

You'll sort it next time for sure..

Good tip thanks!

You'll be fine its just getting some time on the bike...

:idea: - its also usefull to 'dab' your back brake a little to slow when needed during the slow clutch controlled turns and keep your rev's 'busy' it all helps to steady the bike.

You'll sort it next time for sure..

Yep - figured that out on my own during the 2 hour ride!!! Much easier and means I can keep my throttle control sorted....wasn't actually explained to me!