uxbridge test centre ...

Guest flumpit

Hiya All,

Any one got any ideas of the rough route they are using for the mod 2 at the moment .... ??

It's not my area so thought I might pop up today and have a pootle so the roads aren't a complete surprise!

any ideas or hints welcome.

:lol:

The DSA website has a downloadable list of routes at each test centre :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSA press release

DSA to stop publishing questions used in theory tests

The Driving Standards Agency is to stop publishing the multiple choice questions and answers used in theory tests, Road Safety Minister Mike Penning announced today.

This will help to ensure that new drivers learn the principles behind driving theory rather than just learning answers.

The move follows the introduction of independent driving into the driving test and the DSA's decision to stop publishing test routes in October 2010, to make sure the test assesses a learner's ability to drive and not their capacity to memorise routes.

It's a shame, but good in a way, as you definitely want to concentrate on controls rather than directions for the most part; save that for the independent riding bit which, incidentally, is a doddle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys ..... it would just be nice to have a clue what was coming around the next corner to help calm the nerves ...

hey ho it will be what it will be :D

pootled around the area a bit doubt i hit any of the right roads, but at least I may not feel totally lost all the time ... not that that would be a new feeling

many thanks for the replies

• 2 months later...

Hey,

Sorry to bump this but thought it would be a better idea, rather than creating a new thread!

Did you have training in uxbridge OP?

I go to Brunel university and am looking to get my restricted license(no previous experience on bikes), how ever there are so many bike schools, not sure what to go for?

Thanks! :)

I go to Brunel university and am looking to get my restricted license(no previous experience on bikes), how ever there are so many bike schools, not sure what to go for?

I'm in the area, done my theory in uxbrdige but found passmasters near polish war memorial was best for mod1/mod2. Their a bit more expensive but you will pass with them, if you dont they will give you more lessons until you do (think you pay for another test but not extra training). Can't recomend them enough, done my cbt with em as well before hand.

Best of luck with your test mate

Cheers for the reply,

I will be doing my theory tomorrow, should pass hopefully!

I just checked out passmasters, how ever it will take me well over an hour on public transport to get there, and then the same back. Not sure if i would be able to do this for a week and still concentrate on learning, and passing the tests. They do seem to be a bit more expensive, however if you pass quickly then it will be worth it!

Any chance you know of any closer institutes?

Ah yeh they are a tad out of the way (didnt consider that as I was on a 125 at the time).

Not sure of any others nearby, will have a ask around later today and see if any of my mates used ones nearer to you.

Good luck with your theory test :cheers:

• 1 month later...
Theory went great, thanks :-)

Have booked a 5 day restricted course in my home town of Epsom so it's easier for me to get to on my week off. Wish me luck hah, starting 14th of febuary!

Which school did you book with in Epsom?