One piece wonder?

Guest Qark

I'm looking for an all weather suit, one piece that will fit over normal sweat shirt and jeans, does one exist that comes with all the essential armor and stuff? low budget level advice would be useful.

Really new to the bike scene so would be good to get mature advice, commuting as opposed to racing.

I would say a standard 2 piece textiles would be your best choice. You can wear either jacket or trousers or both together so it would be more practical. Most come with armour and are weather proof :thumb:

I would say a standard 2 piece textiles would be your best choice. You can wear either jacket or trousers or both together so it would be more practical. Most come with armour and are weather proof :thumb:

:stupid: and possibly add a lightweight waterproof oversuit when the weather is really bad!

Most two piece suits normally have a 360deg. or half zip that attaches the jacket to the trousers, basically making it a one piece. These are done in bothe leather and textile. As Susie says, a good waterproof one piece for when it`s raining will sort out the bad weather aspect.

You can get them, i have looked into them but cant remember names or prices off the top of my head unfortunetly. The advantage with these is that as you say you can just put them on over your clothes rather than having to put textiles/leathers on and then a one piece waterproof on over the top (which makes a difference when your getting changed twice a day every day after and before a 30 mile commute). Also even the best 2 piece waterproofs tend to let water in at the middle even when the jacket is zipped to the trousers.

Most two piece suits normally have a 360deg. or half zip that attaches the jacket to the trousers, basically making it a one piece. These are done in bothe leather and textile. As Susie says, a good waterproof one piece for when it`s raining will sort out the bad weather aspect.

:stupid:

i wear a 2 piece RST jacket / trouser combo, and the jacket attaches to the trousers by a 360 deg zip. Good piece of kit and keeps me dry, and fits over my work clothes. Also has armour in the knees, shoulder and elbow. Cost less than 200 quid new.