boots

Guest Numbers

hoping to get some proper trousers and boots this xmas

trousers now looking more at textile ones due to the price being cheaper. the RST Alphas look good and are £50

i just found some boots i like. there not racing boots but a waterproof touring boot

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... 25#reviews

not sure they will be very waterproof but better than trainers.

they look better than some iv seen on ebay and a decent brand ?

yeah anything is better than trainers.

just wondering how waterproof they will be. if i get caught in rain i always end up with soaked feet

should be in the next section down sorry :D

I had a look at the other boots on that site.

i found these for £5 more and are a bit taller so i guess more protection

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/29105

i looked at some sports ones aswell again more expensive but have armour in

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/54370

only thing with those is not sure if they would be as waterproof

I ride a CBR 125 and often use my bike for fun and sometimes from A-B but more for going for a blast

Those Predator ones look like the ankle might be a bit more reinforced, handy protection if you have a lowside. Probably not as waterproof as the Thunder ones though.

Well worth paying for quality footwear, I had a "moment" and took full force of bike going at a fair whack on the foot, which pretty much destroyed my boot but it did it's job and saved me a broken foot or worse so worth every penny. Was Sidi so not cheap but they repaired them for free which was nice.

Edited by mattyb

i have a textile jacket getting some rst alpha textiles for xmas

i do like those spada thunder boots :D

just had a look on ebay and there more expensive and also said they were one of ride magazines top 10 all weather boots :D

TBH I believe that buying boots, gear etc is a bit like buying your helmet in as much as differrent manufacturers kit fit different shaped people. Try before you buy!

Its probably best that you know said items fit you properly before any online purchases are made.

Thoughts?

BJ

Not to brag but i just took receivership of these sidi black rain boots off my mates mate - they feel like slippers and they look brand new except for one scuff on the inside heel. Absolute bargain at £90.00

I've never felt a boot feel so soft, must be getting old!

BB

I wouldnt use any of the above boots, doesnt look like you get much protection in them.

how much you got to spend? is 50 sheets your limit

Phil the type and style of your riding differs greatly to this lads (nearly everyone is younger than me I can call him a lad :P )

He rides a 125

and

he is currently riding in trainers :shock:

So as has been said - anything is better than what he is currently using

and I would guess there is a financial limit as well as he is probably too old for Santa now :(

Always go for the best you can afford

I'm sure you know it can, even though its a 125 do 70mph still and want the best protection possible etc!

Go for something decent now, don't worry about upgrading later :cheers:

Guest philgale
I wouldnt use any of the above boots, doesnt look like you get much protection in them.

how much you got to spend? is 50 sheets your limit

Phil the type and style of your riding differs greatly to this lads (nearly everyone is younger than me I can call him a lad :P )

He rides a 125

and

he is currently riding in trainers :shock:

So as has been said - anything is better than what he is currently using

and I would guess there is a financial limit as well as he is probably too old for Santa now :(

im sure the riding does differ but hitting to floor doesnt. and tbh the the boots above look about as good as trainers they will offer feck all ankle protection, IMO a good set of army style boots will prob be bettere especially those ankle high ones, even boots you would think are good with big price tags like sidi.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6iduvn.jpg

best you can do is get to a shop and feel what there like, if you can fold them in half no point getting them. my old oxtar boots did that, i did crash in them and they held up ok but i wouldnt trust them now

Guest philgale
What you got currently ?

who? me or the op

i got A* supertech r but im not a fan of those, daytona are next on the list but there a bit over the 100 quid budget in this thread

I'd have thought the higher leg boots offer more protection, as are adding another layer of leather/plastic (whatever the chosen boot is made of) on top of your trousers. For that reason and the fact that they then get splattred with mud and not my trousers (boots are easier to clean than leggings) I opted for high leg boots. Chosen boots: Diora Diablo -- http://www.justbikersplymouth.com/USERI ... 0BOOTS.JPG

Very comfy (imo) and rebust boots. They are leather, and are very waterproof. (Been standing in water up to the lip of the boot before now, to rescue my bike from a fludded carpark, when I got the bike out, I had a check and nothing had gotten through :lol: Socks were dry as a bone :P ) I wear them all day at college so have them on between 3 and 8 hours a day (weekdays), no probems caused at al :)

Would definatly recomend the higher legged boots to anyone.

What you got currently ?

who? me or the op

i got A* supertech r but im not a fan of those, daytona are next on the list but there a bit over the 100 quid budget in this thread

You cannot do better than Daytona. They are the absolute best in protection, but to be fair to the OP budget will be a limitation. A good secondhand pair would be a better buy than a new pair of cheap boots.

There are new Daytona Flash and Toper boots on Ebay Germany for less than £100.