Registration is quick and easy 

Mobile Phone Contracts- HTC Desire HD

Guest Chris92

Hi, can someone offer me a bit of advice.

Looking at contracts for the HTC Desire HD, all I want is unlimited internet (Well, "fair use") not really fussed about text's and phone calls, as I rarely use my phone... 100 minuets would probably last me a year where as most (weirdos :lol:) people would struggle on that per month :P

One I have found is with Orange, "Unlimited internet" - 250mb per month, 24 month contract, 50 mins and unlimited texts.. but its £225 for the phone and £15 per month.

Or there is another one, £199 for the phone, 100 mins, 500 texts but 500mb internet, but £25 per month.

Can anyone shed some light please? :? :lol: Is this good, or can I find better deals etc?

Mobile phone providers never cease to amaze me. Unlimited internet max 250mb haha. Here's the latest greatest phone with data connection but you can only use it like a 1990 dialup link. 250mb would last me about a day if I'm working away, probably OK for occasional browsing, but not much else.

Have you got a current contract? Call them up and tell them you're thinking of leaving and want your PAC code. They should either match price or give you a fairly decent offer. I'd call Orange too and tell them you don't care about voice & text then see what they can arrange, will maybe do you a non-standard deal. You could always hint that another provider has offered you a package and see if they'll match it :twisted:

Pretty sure there are plenty of £35 a month contracts with free HTC Desire HD about, have a good look round, can def get it on orange for £35 a month with 750mb internet usage and phone is free. Mine is 750mb a month limit, but most the time im either connected to wifi network at home or the free BTzone one. So unless you start downloading/streaming movies alot, you wont hit the limit, in my first month, I used 30mb of my 750 allowance.

mattyb, please take into account the the data you use on your phone is practically nothing. The same website showing on a phone screen will use about 1/20th of the same page on your PC.

Chris, I would advise getting a 500mb contract though, better safe than sorry. You'll NEVER use all that though. Try looking at tesco contracts. If you have any friends who work at McDonalds, they can get you BIG discounts at 02. Just a tip! lol.

Thanks for the help.

I have no current contract, so can't really do much there!

Mattyb, Yes I know it doesn't sound a lot (and is silly...capping it) but I will be on a phone, most websites I'll visit will be forums, facebook etc and mainly in work time / at pub etc.

Thinking about it, just realised I can connect to me home wifi anyway? Well that saves some internet usage for whem I'm at home I guess...

NearOn, £35 a month and free phone, doesn't that sometimes work out more though? Need to re-do some calculations but pretty sure it does?

I probably wont use the 250mb limit anyway, but really can't be sure.

CobbZ, no, I have no mates at Mc Donald's :lol: But thanks will check out tesco's contracts..

Thanks for yer help, I'll keep searching I guess :lol:

Yes mate you can get it on the wifi, maybe in the pub too!

The usage depends what you're doing with it :D I use it to get the laptop online if I'm away for surfing & working so 250mb is not really suitable limit for that. Just did occasional surfing last month and I only had 4mb usage on the bill.

Limits are fine but not when they're on an "unlimited' product imo :roll:

Yes mate you can get it on the wifi, maybe in the pub too!

The usage depends what you're doing with it :D I use it to get the laptop online if I'm away for surfing & working so 250mb is not really suitable limit for that. Just did occasional surfing last month and I only had 4mb usage on the bill.

Limits are fine but not when they're on an "unlimited' product imo :roll:

I agree it is stupid but nothing new :?

Update, 600 mins + 500 text's+ unlimited (fair usage) £25 per month and 50 for the phone (and if i use quidco id probably get that cash back or close to it)

That sound alright ? :lol:

Sounds fine, either way, just have to remember the phone company are there to make profits so it will work out more for you. Over 2 years ill pay my network £840 which im pretty sure an iphone sim free is only 500ish. So yes does work out more, but have to remember getting the calls, texts, internet bundle, so isnt too bad. Id go with one you found, sounds good mate.

Yeah this works out at £650 and the phone sim free is 500 ish, so really does work out quite well...

Going to go and see the phone at a shop and see what they can offer me (and see if I can try the phone out) :)

Hi, can someone offer me a bit of advice.

Looking at contracts for the HTC Desire HD, all I want is unlimited internet (Well, "fair use") not really fussed about text's and phone calls, as I rarely use my phone... 100 minuets would probably last me a year where as most (weirdos :lol:) people would struggle on that per month :P

One I have found is with Orange, "Unlimited internet" - 250mb per month, 24 month contract, 50 mins and unlimited texts.. but its £225 for the phone and £15 per month.

Or there is another one, £199 for the phone, 100 mins, 500 texts but 500mb internet, but £25 per month.

Can anyone shed some light please? :? :lol: Is this good, or can I find better deals etc?

imo your the wierdo... willing to pay 225 quid and 15 a month for a phone you hardly use.. lol.

imo your the wierdo... willing to pay 225 quid and 15 a month for a phone you hardly use.. lol.

Yeah but I'm all about the technology... :D

A smartphone isn't really a phone anymore is it, it's a mini laptop with phone capabilities.... :lol:

my deal works out cheaper, 630 quid at the end of the contract.

35 quid a month for 18 months and phones free....sod 24 months if you ask me way toooooooo long

Oh do piss off :lol:

Seriously though, who with?