Husqvarna SM Powervalve issues.

Ben Whitcher

Hi Guys + Ladies :lol:

As most of you know i have a 2007 Husqvarna 125 sms, ive recentley had some problems over the recent freezing weathers across the nation and resulting in this my powervalve electronic motor isnt making a noise anymore! I have no idea if anyone knows anything about this but its worth a ask before it goes in for its service on the 27th and hopefully costing me alot less than it normally would. Anyway majority of husky's SM, superbikes have digital dials in some way and have an automatic fueling system + oil + powervalve opens and closes like mine has but for some reason on flicking the key; i get the usual start up screen (displaying all items then going off) then i usually get a noise as if the fuel is running down the bike and this is where the problem began.

However on one evening i had to work untill 11pm and took the action to cover the bike up.... but since the time i was about to leave i flicked the key and heard no noise!!!!! Any ideas on what is causing this? Husqvarna told me its the electronic motor under my seat with two cables running into powervalve on the right hand side behind exhaust, but its 191 pounds to replace it and im sure on a 2007 bike this cant be going wrong.

Some help or advice would be ideal i need to strip the bike tomorrow if the weather is nice and an answer would be appreciated. =-)

Ben