Registration is quick and easy 

UCAS woahs

Horseynat30101

Currently near the end of the horrific thing called UCAS :)

Anyway, anyone fancy helping me with my personal statment?? all i can think of saying is "hello, can i come to your university please?" :mrgreen: but on a serious note i havnt got a clue about going about writing it and i cant be arsed now any way having just spent about 3 hours filling the rest in and running around finding certificates and ringing schools/colleges about getting a reference ect.

So anyone want to write it for me please :D :cheers:

(and for reference i do know that you have to write it yourself)

Currently near the end of the horrific thing called UCAS :)

Anyway, anyone fancy helping me with my personal statment?? all i can think of saying is "hello, can i come to your university please?" :mrgreen: but on a serious note i havnt got a clue about going about writing it and i cant be arsed now any way having just spent about 3 hours filling the rest in and running around finding certificates and ringing schools/colleges about getting a reference ect.

So anyone want to write it for me please :D :cheers:

(and for reference i do know that you have to write it yourself)

I'm having the same issues with writing a personal statement for a Graduate Teacher Programme application. I'm just no good at selling myself.

I was lucky though as I was a mature student when applying for the initial degree so pretty much wrote 'Hi, can I come to your university please' and got in. :D

Was having a browse and saw this thread, might be able to help a little bit as I remembered I have my personal statement, written year 08/09 applying for sept 09/10 term. I was applying for Computer Science related courses (kinda obvious from the text), I was told it was good and it got used as an example in my class in college, it also got me into everywhere I applied so it mustn't be that bad.

Anyway, here is a link to completely unformatted .txt version, so copy and pasta it into word for easier reading:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4813386/Persona ... tement.txt

I can't remember much about writing it or what we were told to include, but reading what crap I put in mine might help a bit.

You could probably find something with a cheeky Google search, though I'm not about to look because it's bedtime, in uni early tomorrow :)

My personal statement was amazingly crap, and I still managed to get in. I just mentioned everything I'd done outside college, any extra qualifications outside of a-levels that I had, and my reason for applying for that course, then I just bulked it up by talking out of my arse. Good luck anyways, hope you get where you want.

What course do you want to apply for?

You need to tell them what interests you in the subject and what you have done to further your knowledge and experience in that field. Similar to what Edgeys example does.

If there is a particular career you want to end up in state how the course will help you achieve that. Say why you are particularly interested in their university as opposed to any other.

Tell them about any other interests you have particularly where you have any roles or responsibilties (e.g. help run a local motorcycle club) which might help make you an active member in University life.

Oh and run it through spellchecker.

Good luck

oh thank you so much guys :D im going to uni to study physiotherapy. Abit of a late decision realy as i only chose to do that course a few weeks ago because id always liked to go into equine physiotherapy but never knew how to. but i did some research and found out that you had to become a human physio first so here i am...

over the next few months im going to swat up on physiotherapy so i have lots to say in the interview (should i get that far :P)

Just done a google search using "personal statement ucas examples" and another one using "personal statement ucas examples physiotherpy"

Tons and tons of examples out there - happy plagerising - ooops, sorry, I mean reading /writing :lol:

Loads of sites to help ya out :)

Found with mine that if you just write about how much you Love the course and how it's your Passion etc etc

Also list anything you've done that could do with the course..

Just try to write like you're proving your the best person for they're course.. because thats all it is!

• 2 weeks later...

If you can find some sort of person spec (where they say what kind of person they're after) that will help. A personal statement is a good way to tell them about your good qualities/stuff you've done that doesn't fit into the form anywhere else.

You could try giving it sub-headings eg. Why do you want to do the course? What makes you think you'd be good at it? Have you done any relevant work experience? How can you show that you're a reliable/motivated/nice/interesting person?

Try to get in something that makes you unique(ish). If the shortlisters spot something really unusual in your statement they might just shortlist you so they can ask you about it! (Reading lots of applications and interviewing are both normally mind-numbingly boring so if you can be interesting then do so).

Looking at your profile pic, I'd imaging you can think of a few examples of "desirable behavious/attributes" from your MoD activities.

I'm pretty sure my own personal statement was appalling, but it doesn't seem to have held me back too much..!