Registration is quick and easy 

Shocking news, am literally shocked!

techno

Its cold at the moment due to .....drum role ....climate change!!

Really :o

I mean I did notice that time has passed and its changed from a warmer summer climate to a colder winter one!

Maybe someone should inform the experts ;)

I thought all this freezing weather was because of global warming!!! :roll: :damn: :scratch:

Makes me laugh this does.

If it gets warmer, global warming. If it gets colder, global warming. This alone makes it smell distinctive :wink:

Given our latitude we should, if not for other factors, be this cold all the time. So i'm still ok with the global warming causing this unusual coldness. If I remember right though it was much colder in this country prior to 2 or 3 hundred years ago than we've been used to since. And to blame that on global warming would be a stretch. I think that its still a good idea, seeing as coal and oil and gas are in limited supply, to be looking at green energy anyway. I don't think it'll happen anytime soon though given recent financial developments! Last time i looked into solar (electric) panels for the roof I calculated that it would take 60 years to pay for themselves and they only come with a 20 year guarentee. Plus i'll probably be dead in 60 years.

Given our latitude we should, if not for other factors, be this cold all the time. So i'm still ok with the global warming causing this unusual coldness. If I remember right though it was much colder in this country prior to 2 or 3 hundred years ago than we've been used to since. And to blame that on global warming would be a stretch. I think that its still a good idea, seeing as coal and oil and gas are in limited supply, to be looking at green energy anyway. I don't think it'll happen anytime soon though given recent financial developments! Last time i looked into solar (electric) panels for the roof I calculated that it would take 60 years to pay for themselves and they only come with a 20 year guarentee. Plus i'll probably be dead in 60 years.

It's not all about paying for its self though, remember you got the fact your helping the environment, not depending on mains energy, generally safer (lack of mains gas required for a boiler) etc etc

plus you need to factor (if you haven't already) in: Servicing costs of both solar and gas boiler and how expensive gas will get as supply runs lower (for heating) and mains electricity and how that will get more expensive.

Anyway with solar panels you would be better off also investing in: Underfloor heating, better insulation and even other types of green energy, e.g. ground source heat pumps, air to air (solar to air) heaters blah blah.

Gah I've become a bigger nerd :shock: :lol:

Well apparently they are now saying that global warming is actually causing greater shifts in tempratures, for example it used to range about 30 degrees between summer and low in winter, however its more like 40. -- Personaly they can shove their 'ideas' and 'conclusions' where the sun dont shine, as its all a load of tosh. :lol:

I could say the exact opposite s*1976, we had a correctly predicted summer (well dont know if it was actually prediction or just good luck on their behalf) but every day this week they have changed their story dramaticaly. -- On sunday night I looked at metoffce, and they said it would snow that night and then become sunny and snow would be gone by tuesday morning, then monday came and all they did was change the days on their forecast, so now they prefdicted it would warm up on wednesady and snow would be gone then, then they did the exact same thing for tuesdays forcast, and for todays! They're useless, your better off just looking up into the sky and working out what weather you'll have yourself. At least its more reliable as you can actually see the clouds and their movements! :roll:

Solar panels in this country :lol:

Surely you'd be better of with a water wheel!!

Yup, solar panels, they only require day light not heat.

You'd be amazed how much energy they can produce from a cold day, for example the one we where shown at work was out side, pretty cloudy and only about 5oc, but was giving temps back at about 40-50oc..... under floor heating works at about 30oc so a few of them would be enough to heat the house (obviously got the problem of needing the under floor heating on a good 16 hours a day for it to keep the house warm but over a few days it will settle down in to a routine)

I could say the exact opposite s*1976, we had a correctly predicted summer (well dont know if it was actually prediction or just good luck on their behalf) but every day this week they have changed their story dramaticaly. -- On sunday night I looked at metoffce, and they said it would snow that night and then become sunny and snow would be gone by tuesday morning, then monday came and all they did was change the days on their forecast, so now they prefdicted it would warm up on wednesady and snow would be gone then, then they did the exact same thing for tuesdays forcast, and for todays! They're useless, your better off just looking up into the sky and working out what weather you'll have yourself. At least its more reliable as you can actually see the clouds and their movements! :roll:

1976 apparently it snowed in june , it was the year i was born

Solar panels in this country :lol:

Surely you'd be better of with a water wheel!!

Yup, solar panels, they only require day light not heat.

You'd be amazed how much energy they can produce from a cold day, for example the one we where shown at work was out side, pretty cloudy and only about 5oc, but was giving temps back at about 40-50oc..... under floor heating works at about 30oc so a few of them would be enough to heat the house (obviously got the problem of needing the under floor heating on a good 16 hours a day for it to keep the house warm but over a few days it will settle down in to a routine)

Shit I honestly nearly made it through that without nodding off :mrgreen:

brilliant!!