Registration is quick and easy 

custom swirl paint designs

Guest jonnyboymills

Hello everyone, I wanted to share a couple of pictures with you all of the custom paint swirl finishes I do on guitars, The guitars are coloured and then cleared in a 2 part high gloss clear, wet sanded between coats and given several grades of machine polish's in order to achieve a high gloss finish. I am thinking about offering a service for bike parts such as tanks, mud guards and stuff, But Im unsure if anyone would be interested in this type of paint design. I thought the swirl design would look good on custom bikes such as streetfighters or choppers maybe. I would be very grateful for your thoughts. I dont think Im breaking forum rules by posting this (I hope not) as I dont paint bikes and Im only looking for peoples opinions/ interest in wether I should be looking at doing bikes in the future.... call it market research :D hope you all like my guitars and thanks for looking.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6623/sdc113270.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1122/sdc11131sx.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/417/sdc11135.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3100/img0478mk.jpg

Sorry not that interested in your product - But I would like to know more about how you get the swirl effect!

Also do you use cellulose or water based products?

I am a furniture maker and am looking for a way to finish a chest of drawers!

You would need a bloody big water tank to submerge a chest of drawers in!!! :D some paints I use are oil based enamels and others are solvent based. one thing I wont be doing is giving any more of my secrets away such as water temp, water additive brand of paints ect ect ect :wink:

Think you're on the wrong kind of forum bud. :wink:

Now if you could do this on bike panels.......

I did mention in my first post that I would possibly be looking at doing this on bike panels in the future. I wanted to see if there would be any interest from bike customisers for this type of finish on their bike projects ;) just goes to show no one reads things in forums, they only look at the pictures. :D I can do this and have done this on bike panels with great ease, I just wanted to speak to people and see if anyone thinks its a good idea. Thanks.

I did mention in my first post that I would possibly be looking at doing this on bike panels in the future. I wanted to see if there would be any interest from bike customisers for this type of finish on their bike projects ;) just goes to show no one reads things in forums, they only look at the pictures. :D I can do this and have done this on bike panels with great ease, I just wanted to speak to people and see if anyone thinks its a good idea. Thanks.

As suggested a music/guitar forum may be the best place to be... if you do start spraying bike panels its gonna cost you to advertise on here :)

Welcome! :wave:

As suggested a music/guitar forum may be the best place to be... if you do start spraying bike panels its gonna cost you to advertise on here :)

Welcome! :wave:

Im already a member and contributor to many guitar forums and I do lots of guitar paint work already. The reason for me joining this forum was to see if there would be any call for my paint swirl designs to be applied to bikes as I dont think anyone does this type of painting to bikes. I would be very grateful if you could send me details about the cost of advertising my work. As Im new to this forum I do not want to break any rules and make a nuisance of myself. one thing I dont want to do is upset anyone.

Thanks

Jon 8-)

just goes to show no one reads things in forums, they only look at the pictures

Agreed!!

I'm not sure anyone above has actually read your post properly tbh.

I've never seen a bike with a design anything like your if I'm honest, though if someone could give you any design (within a limit) and you could reproduce it then yes there would be quite a big market for you.

I'm afraid to say though, most designs are a lot more conservative. If you go around a sports bike dealer and look at the pattens most are quite plane or simple designs but not all.

Are you able to do lettering? Most people like the model of their bike on printed on the fairing as well.

Good luck with the idea though! Hope it goes well.

just goes to show no one reads things in forums, they only look at the pictures

Agreed!!

I'm not sure anyone above has actually read your post properly tbh.

I've never seen a bike with a design anything like your if I'm honest, though if someone could give you any design (within a limit) and you could reproduce it then yes there would be quite a big market for you.

I'm afraid to say though, most designs are a lot more conservative. If you go around a sports bike dealer and look at the pattens most are quite plane or simple designs but not all.

Are you able to do lettering? Most people like the model of their bike on printed on the fairing as well.

Good luck with the idea though! Hope it goes well.

lettering is no problem at all. I can do lettering in any colour as well. these paint designs are unique no two designs are the same.

Not sure about bikes, but maybe helmets? You would only want a very small area done imo :)

Advertising:

Top right - £35 a month, £175 x 6 months (1 month free) and £350 x year (2 months free)

Seperate Link page - £30 year.

VIcki 8-)

I think they look pretty good !

Not sure how a whole bike would look ... but i'd love to see one.

If i had some spare pannels, i'd let you expermient on them, dont spose you know anyone with an old bike you could try it out on ?

My apologies. I didn't read the whole of the OP.

I reckon you could be on to a winner. There are plenty of people that do track days and have lots of spare panels that they get sprayed up.

If you went down to one of these track days local to you with some examples I bet you would get some interest. All it takes for the word to get out.

I'm guessing that you can tone down the effect and pretty much make it how your customer would like it too?

Good luck

I wouldnt want to do fairings, to big to cover. I have to submerge the item into a tank filled with water that I float the paint on, so fairings are a no no! I would only be interested in doing tanks, mud guards, side pannels, belly pans ect ect ect. Im thinking along the lines of a street fighter..nice black frame maybe green/ black swirled tank and panels loads of chrome hhhhhmmmmm nice.

I once looked into doing a whole car but couldnt find a tank big enough then there was the issue of lowering the car into the tank it just sounded like it would cost a fortune and I aint got money to burn ......so........................ I emailed the BBC 'top gear' program as I thought this would be a suitable way of wasting the license payers money! :lol: