Registration is quick and easy 

Help The NSPCC On Facebook

Guest MHarrison94

Hey I saw my friends do this and I know most of you lot probably have but just incase some people don't know about it;

Change your profile picture to a cartoon character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same, for the NSPCC. Until Monday (December 6th), there should be no human faces on facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children.

Michael

I don't Facebook, but have worn an NSPCC wristband for nearly 5 years now, and have regular donations.

I don't think it has EVER been on my wrist.

Sorry, that should have said "off my wrist".

Just out of interest, how is changing a profile picture going to end cruelty towards children? I'm all for supporting a cause like this but these armchair campaigns don't do feck all so are essentially pointless.

Does it make you feel better doing this? It's not like you've got to get off your arse and proactively do anything to end the suffering so it's win-win for you :roll:

I just thought people should know...I don't what it's doing but why not? Just show support.

And during many many many school events I've got off me ass and done a lot for charity I'll have you know ;) hehe

I really don't see how this would help at all, it's like all the status saying 'copy and past this to show your support'.

It really does nothing to actually help the charity for the most part, maybe a little advertising but I bet a lot of people will copy and paste but nothing else.

What these charities actually need is sponsorship and volunteers.

Sorry if this sounds quite miserable, I've actually done quite a lot of fund raising events and activities and fully support anyone that does, just don't see how these gimiks help, maybe someone could explain?

I don't think it does any harm... can just be a bit of fun, innit.

Agreed that what's really needed is money and support rather than armchair warriors, but at least it brings it to peoples' minds. It might not stay there for the majority, but one or two people may be compelled to do something.

I personally just enjoyed seeing all these pictures of cartoons i'd forgotten about!

Really brought back times with mates when i was younger :mrgreen:

Made me smile if nothing else ..

Changing your picture to a cartoon character... Ironically, just enticing more kids onto your profile... Genius :S

Really, how is all this shit gonna stop daddy using his belt?

Changing your picture to a cartoon character... Ironically, just enticing more kids onto your profile... Genius :S

Really, how is all this shit gonna stop daddy using his belt?

Someone piss you off did they?? Or just generally grouchy??

If it raises awareness of child cruelty in any way then it doesn't do any harm!

Lol sue, just grouchy :/ Been ill and in some considerable pain for over a week now - serious dental troubles, ear ache, some beasty migraine, even got 2 f**king coldsores... Argh, bad week.

But this whole thing just doesnt help at all. The advertising they do doesn't stop people hurting children. The advertising they do, makes people donate cash, which the NSPCC can then use to stop daddy and his belt.

This FB thing doesn't make people donate. None of the status' provide any information on how to do it. People are lazy, and as such need to have the process and all info shoved in front of their faces, cos they wont go looking for it themselves...

This is just another stupid "chain letter" going round that doesn't really help anyone. the NSPCC didn't start it. Some 12 year old twat with pigtails probably did.

Well the latest thing going around facebook is that it was started by a group of pedophile's trying to entice more children to facebook using pictures of cartoons to lure them. There's now a panicked message going around telling everyone to change their pictures back. I'm so glad I stay out of all this rubbish :roll:

From NSPCC's own FB page,

NSPCC FB Page..NSPCC A warm welcome to all our cartoon friends! We are incredibly grateful for your support to end cruelty to children in the UK. Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook campaign, we welcome the attention it has brought to the work we do. If you would like to find out more about how you can get involved, please visit our website.

My own feeling is that they could do with a crisp £10 note rather than a pic on FB.

Well the latest thing going around facebook is that it was started by a group of pedophile's trying to entice more children to facebook using pictures of cartoons to lure them.:

I dont believe that tbh. I put this on my facebook -

"Ok, So the nspcc didn't organise this profile thing. so What? doesn't mean pedos did it. Infact its unlikely they would! it is claimed they did so young people would accept their friend request quicker? So y would they want the whole world doing the same? that just means that children know that everyone is doing it so trust Noone because of their dp cuz they know its not only children with those pictures..."

They wouldnt exactly advertise the fact to children that everyone is changing their profile pictures would they?

Plus it would be more effective doing what they are doing at the moment, putting a dp of a child who they pretend to be, that way the child feels closer to them because they think they know what they look like. (just to make it clear, and before some wise gut replies to this, I know they do this because i have seen pedophile reports on tv, i am NOT involved :lol: )

Look, the point is not who did it and who didn't do it. It just shows how careful you should be on the internet, because a lot of the time, things are not what they seem and it is all to easy to get caught up in something which has different motives to which you have been lead to believe. Another thing I've noticed is lot of people these days, especially youngsters, are all too willing to post up personal details on something like facebook, not thinking twice that this is now advertised to the entire world. I'm pretty sure the same people would tell you where to go if you asked them to copy up all their personal details so that you could go out around the world and stick copies of them to public notice boards, but this effectively what they are doing.