Registration is quick and easy 

Which handlebar muffs do you have, and do you rate them?

Guest CobbZ

Hi there, just to get to the point i'm not looking to be told anything about heated grips, heated gloves, trailie hand guards, or anything else like silk undergloves e.t.c...

I am currently on a hire bike (yes, still - over a month from my accident - they've just done the inspection so will be another few weeks until i'm off it), so i can't fit anything permanent to it. Its bloody freezing at the moment so i'll be buying some muffs. Either from hein gericke or eBay, depending on what hein gericke stock...

I see the main few companies are Motrax, Oxford, Oxford Bone Dry, Dr Bike, and Bike-it.co.uk.

I'm leaning towards the motrax as they look like they're in the price range, not too expensive, but not so cheap they're gonna be crap.

So, can i please ask for your thoughts and personal reviews ladies + gents? (surprisingly, this includes Dan :up: hehe)

What is the bike? I had Oxford Bone drys and they were decent enough but not for a sports bike as there wasnt enough clearance between the bars and the tank. As soon as I hit higher speeds they would start to press against the levers too which wasnt fun. I put some rigid plastic inside to make them a bit more solid which did the job however as I said, not much good on a sports style bike.

Ive heard you can make some yourself out of the large milk containers, might save you a few quid if its only a temporary thing?

Never used them mate. There was a guy on here who used the HG ones and rated them though. And I think nman used the motrax ones before now too. Anything that keeps the wind off must be a good thing mate.

Cheers guys. I'm on a bandit and will be getting something similar after this, no sports bikes for a little while :)

Yeah I've heard about them pressing on the levers, should be able to solve. Thanks guys