Registration is quick and easy 

Top Gear

GazzyG

I doubt very much if the feature will go in the bikes favour, none of the 'motoring shows' tend to be fair with bikes.

Also the Ariel Atom they're using is the V8, I reckon the car might have it in the bag, bearing in mind how well the Atom corners. Yeah, the bike will out-accelerate the car but the Top Gear test track isn't particularly straight.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 29,r:0,s:0

Well we can only wait until tomorrow to find out the result.

I'm not sure where my money would go, we all know the S1000RR is an absolute weapon but the Ariel Atom was ground breaking even before they put a V8 in it.

It will be interesting to say the least.

Aye, very interested.

My mate won't let on which wins, even though he's quite biased (works for BMW Bikes PR. haha!)

If you look at the stats, they have similar power-to-weight ratios, but the car has two more wheels.

Tbh, I love Atoms anyway, so I'll be happy either way.

I'm torn between the two, I've always liked Atoms but the S1000RR is the bragging rights of bikers everywhere!!

There's loads of car nuts at work, they're always banging on about something or other and I take great pleasure in saying "S thou will leave it for dead", so if the car beats it I'm screwed!!

Ariel atom should beat the bike its a true weapon, super car fast as well round the top gear track and it will brake and corner better than the bike with having four wheels, thanks for posting hadnt noticed it was on!

Here's Clarkson's write up on the Atom. Interesting that it doesn't have to do any safety tests.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/drivin ... 483857.ece

We’re talking motorbike performance here, and real motorbike thrills. But because the Atom has four wheels it won’t fall over when you leave it alone, you don’t have to wear a helmet, and rubber fetish clothes are not de rigueur

I expected the Atom to totally wipe out the BMW... But it took off faster, which was expected, maintained the lead until the hammer head and then overtook on the bend into the follow through.

The track is a figure of 8 with bends in the middle so it perhaps favours the car so the fact the bike was so close on the car is good grounds to believe they are about matched

Car, worth 150k, Bike worth 15k. For that tiny amount of difference in performance I know i'd prefer the bike and a 135k sitting in my bank thank you very much.

Alternatively, i'll get a few mates, get 5 or 6 bikes, box the car in lol :twisted:

Was a amazing episode though, can't wait for next one

I'd take the car ...

So I could sell it and buy any bikes I wanted!

Looked like they let the Atom win, in my opinion. Ok the beemer showed off on the straights, but he looked like a novice in the corners.

I'd take the car ...

So I could sell it and buy any bikes I wanted!

Looked like they let the Atom win, in my opinion. Ok the beemer showed off on the straights, but he looked like a novice in the corners.

Really, am sure i will have to watch it again :?

I think the BMW is quite pretty really....

Something I thought of, its not really fair having them race each other, to see which is fastest, surely a fairer system would be to allow each to have a run by itself, where it wouldn't have to consider the presence of the other vehicle, overtaking etc.