Recommend me one!

I need one with good battery life, europe maps as well as UK and possibly mp3 player but this isn't a must.

Something like the Tom Tom Urban Rider Europe I think would be good.

yep you got it in one tomtom are best sat navs out there that why there are so dear :roll:

i got one myself there are spot on :love:

Not sure about bike ones as I wouldn't pay 3 times the price of normal car one with just waterproofing and bluetooth but most of my friends are switching to Garmin from Tomtom. I used to have Tomtom, then Navigon (which was rubbish) and now I have Garmin nuvi. It is brilliant. I just need to but a waterproof case for a few quid off ebay...

Check this.

I bought myself a satnav device for 30 pounds. Used of course, and some unknown brand - MyGuide. I think it originally had iGo 2006 on it, but it didn't matter, I just wanted the device. It's got Windows CE as an Operating System, so I installed TomTom 7.9xx (that's the newest one for WinCE), got 860 map for it (newest), speed cams from this month and I'm happy.

Of course it's not waterproof so I bought this: ebay item number: 230573347416 (they have it in two or three sizes). Alternatively you can get something like this from Givi for ~40 pounds.

And because my device is pretty old, the battery doesn't hold the charge for a lot of time, so cigarette lighter costs what? 5 pounds? Connect it to the battery, put under the seat and voila. Enough for me he he.

Just an idea for you. Whatever you do, don't buy TT Rider.

Interesting idea's. To be honest I was looking for something from new as I'm going to be going travelling for a month and really can't be dealing with the after effects from my dodgy DIY (and yes, it usually is dodgy when it's done by me!).

Also, my other half is going to be coming with me on shorter one week breaks before hand so I want to inspire confidence in her!

So buy brand new TT XL and get the case that I mentioned in my previous post. You'll save some £s compared to motorbike satnav. The bracket on TomTom Rider is the worst thing invented by human. A lot of troubles with charging, and you don't want that when you ride through Europe! New bracket costs around £50 :shock:

So buy brand new TT XL and get the case that I mentioned in my previous post. You'll save some £s compared to motorbike satnav. The bracket on TomTom Rider is the worst thing invented by human. A lot of troubles with charging, and you don't want that when you ride through Europe! New bracket costs around £50 :shock:

yes it was but no more get tom tom rider v2 or the new Urban Rider and you will be sort :cheers:

Seriously, that is a joke... Urban Rider £290 and earpiece is not even included... One XL is £130 so you are paying £160 more just for Bluetooth, waterproof case and SMALLER screen?? Bike satnav is one of the biggest rip-offs ever... Sorry but my vote goes to One XL with £15 waterproof cover :thumb: I wouldn't use this bluetooth earpiece anyway as I don't like having anything on my ear under the helmet for too long as it starting to hurts and I can't use earplug... But thats just me :roll: :mrgreen:

Limited choices of bluetooth SatNav. I have a RiderI , great piece of kit, even after bouncing down the road at 70mph, like to see an unbike satnav survive that.

They are expensive for a reason, they are built to withstand the rigours that a bike will put it through. Alternative satnavs are not designed to withstand abuse.

Tis your money Anand :thumb:

I've got Tom Tom rider. Never had a problem with the mount.

Only issue I have with it is the frame around the screen. Makes inputting details like postcodes difficult when the letter you require is right next to the frame. When on the bike it only allows certain inputs and the buttons for those options are displayed large enough to allow input whilst wearing gloves.

Battery life is good but I have it wired into the bike electrics.

I've got a Garmin Zumo 550 - Covers UK and Europe. Designed for bikes and easy to use with gloves. Various mounting options. Decent battery life but got it wired in to the electrics so not an issue any more.

Nice extra is that it comes with a PC app called Mapsource that allows you to create routes and download to the sat nav. This is really useful if you want to plot a route that isn't the shortest or fastest!

Speed-cameras and other POI can be downloaded from various web-sites.

Had it bluetoothed to a Scala headset but gets irritating pretty quickly, so I don't bother with audio.

I've got a Garmin Zumo 550 - Covers UK and Europe. Designed for bikes and easy to use with gloves. Various mounting options. Decent battery life but got it wired in to the electrics so not an issue any more.

Nice extra is that it comes with a PC app called Mapsource that allows you to create routes and download to the sat nav. This is really useful if you want to plot a route that isn't the shortest or fastest!

Speed-cameras and other POI can be downloaded from various web-sites.

Had it bluetoothed to a Scala headset but gets irritating pretty quickly, so I don't bother with audio.

same here, fantastic sat nav, i've had a couple for my car in the last few years, and this one is usable for cars and bike...great bit of kit with the mapsource

I just use my iPhone. I bought THIS HOLDER from amazon, and downloaded the Co Pilot app. Its brilliant, tis a brilliant set up.

As far as charging/power goes...

ebay item number - 230579628583

and

ebay item number - 220724445153 - this is particularly useful as with it u can charge ANY usb device.

I just got a new TOMTOM Urban Rider (2). It has bluetooth so you can have music, phone, etc. going through it.

It also, when you ask it to take you somewhere, has a 'windy roads' button so it takes you around and about a bit rather than straight there.

get one..