Registration is quick and easy 

Booking The Ferry

DG

I have shelved my Moroccan trip until next year, but I am still hopping on the ferry from Hull to Zebrugge mid April. I'll be away with the missus for three weeks. Nothing booked or planned 8-)

Can anyone recommend any must see sights in Europe??

Ta

DG

Gorge de Verdon in France. A very winding road with some shear drops. Think thats where Clarkson had his race against the rock climbers.

Interlaken in Switerland - Love it for its food drink and landscapes. They are pretty strict on bikes so take it easy.

Germany if speed is you thing. Autobahn and the ring of course. Also Black Forest is home of the cuckoo clock and some fabulous scenery and castles.

Loads of places in Italy. Pisa, Rome, Florence (known as Firenze). If you fancy Venice get the ferry over to the sand bank then you can get a hotel with parking. Then get the taxi boats to travel around. Riders seem to get more reckless and wear less kit the further south you go in Italy. Well worth it to see Bay of Naples, Mount Vesuvius and Pompeii. Allow a full day to wander round Pompeii theres loads to see.

Barcelona in Spain. Try and stay on or near to Las Ramblas. Lots of night life, bars restaurants, street performers.

France - French Riviera, Nice and while you are down that way Monaco is worth a visit.

Just a few places that immediately sprang to mind. No need to book in advance. We used to just turn up and negotiate the best rates. However you now seem to be able to get better deals on line. So either take a 3G phone or use internet cafe's or pc's available in hotels.

Cheers Spire! :thumb: I've done the Black Forrest, Italy a couple of times including the places you mention as well as the Dolomites, not been any further down than Rome though.

Ridden through Monaco, but didn't stop, I'd heard it's quite expensive? :shock:

I like the idea of Barcelona though :thumb: as we're going in April I guess it'll be warmer the further south we go? So south of France and maybe the Pyrenees for a bit of off roading could be on the cards before heading into Barcelona! Good call cheers.

Monaco - There are plenty of very expensice places to eat and drink. But there are enough sensibly priced places. Crime rate is very low. Loads of security cameras and 1 copper for every 40 residents. So you can probably leave your wallet on your bike and it will still be there when you come back.

Yeah definitely recommend Barça! It's probably my favourite city.

And down French Riviera way, you have Aix-en-Provence, which is really nice.

On a side note, am I the only person who thought Pisa was crap lol?

Pisa the place is crap. However if you are in that area of Italy its worth a visit to get the mandatory photo pretending to hold the tower up. Places like Rome, Venice and Firenze have loads to see and do and are far better destinations.

I quite liked pisa TBH, but having said that I just love Italy! Been to Rome a couple of times as well as Bologna, Firenze, Venice, Pisa, Grosseto, Cortina d'Ampezzo and Trieste. I've got Verona to tick off so we might head west once we've been down to the south of France and/or Spain. :D

I've just had a tattoo done of the leaning tower too :wink:

I fancy Millau too, has anyone been to the viaduct and surrounding areas?

Verona's nice, I camped overnight at Lake Garda in my campervan. Had a bbq with a German dude who happened to be there with the exact same model of campervan (converted LT35, lol)!

Maranello is well worth visiting for the Ferrari museum.

If you want some nice seasidey-ness in France, Narbonne-Plage and Perpignan are worth a look too.

Andorra is good cos it's cheap - go to Encampe and stay in a nice hotel for pittance, load up on duty-free booze and fuel haha.

If you're going into northern Spain the Picos de Europa (mountain range) are beautiful and relatively un-touristy with beaches that sometimes have no-one else on them!

I fancy Millau too, has anyone been to the viaduct and surrounding areas?

Yes, and it's stunning round there. Stayed about twenty miles south of the Viaduct last time I was in France. Bowled over by the Cevennes plateau scenery (Tarn Gorge, Cirque de Navacelles, Pas d'Escalette, big feck-off mountains and amazing views) and loved 'discovering' some of the Templar walled villages. Plus it's only a shortish ride to Montpellier and Aigues-Mortes. Can you tell I want to go back very soon! :lol:

Can anyone recommend any must see sights in Europe??

Ta

DG

Houses of Parliment

Lady Bower Resevoir

Snake Pass

Devil's Elbow

The Cat & Fiddle

Iron Bridge

The Crooked House Inn

Most of Wales

All the Dales

TMBF Rally